What was your FIRST ski?

first some rented gtx's then bought
`78 440 which I rode twice until it got stolen then
`79 440 modified (what happens when stock car driver wants a ski and gets his mechanic to work on it) then
`89 js 650 sx pure stock and very reliable, then
`95 sn (aka biohazard) mostly stock, then
`99 rn almost all boltons, then
?

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
First ride: Sometime around the time I was 7-8 on a Yamaha WR, I think it was a 500.

First stand up ride: July of 07 after I bought my first ski, which was:

First ski: 89' 650sx

:)

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
In August 2001, I was 21, I bought a 95 Kawasaki 650 X2 from a guy I worked with. It didn't run because the bendix and starter were rusted from sitting for a year or so. I cleaned those parts up and put in a new battery. It fired right up and I rode it for 3 days straight with oil injection I may add... until my buddies 88 Kawasaki 650 SX threw a rod. Then it was winter time.

January 2002 I bought a 91 Kawasaki 650 SX off of the classified on jetski.com I believe. I drove 6 hours to go get it.

The summers of 02 and 03 I had problems on and off blowing up motors running up debt, getting ripped off on a used engine, and I crashed my X2 into my buddies 650 SX (he turned infront of me, I am still blaming him lol).

The summer of 04 I may have rode once or twice, I can't remember. I was disgusted with my rash of bad luck and increasing credit card debt from buying ski parts.

I don't think I rode once at all during the summer of 05.

I bought my 93 Kawasaki 650 X2 in the winter (February/March) of 2006. I rode it some the summer of 2006.

Winter of 2006 and into 2007 I parted out most of the 95 X2 and 91 650 SX. What didn't get sold I saved as spare parts and chopped up the X2 hull.

August 2007 I bought my 94 kawasaki 650 X2. I think i rode it once. I did ride my 93 650 X2 some too.

All the while I have been hoarding parts for X2's from eBay and the forums to do a super build up one day. We will see...

Last edited:
First ski was an old Yamaha VXR when I was about 2. Well my parents ski. My parents also owned a 94 sx750 that they bought in 03 and that got me hooked. First ski I actually personally bought myself was a 2000 roundnose. And it was the best money I've ever spent.

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
I started off on a 93 Yamaha VXR. Rode one for the first time in Key West back in the same year- it was a rental and was actually called a waverunner I back then. Then rode a 94 Blaster, an old Kawi 440 (gad what a dog that was!), and then a 95 1200 Blaster. Love my SXR, and will eventually be getting a Superjet in addition.

Top Bottom