Surfriding What's the best surf hull

Best surf hull in your opinion

• Total voters

Sharky

www.fpjetskis.com
I forgot the best pic i have ever seen :) tested by the best and loosest new ridder in the world :)

Attachments

• 1531986_436937743102257_1725177943_n.jpg
    1531986_436937743102257_1725177943_n.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 163
  • 1800214_1531806343710203_1638652543_n.jpg
    1800214_1531806343710203_1638652543_n.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 136
So I'm probably going to delete this post and make a new one getting rid of all the hulls that got no votes and breaking it down a little more, also adding the two hull mentioned that I forgot to add also if there are any hulls you feel are better then the list below please post and I will include them in the next pole. List would be something like

Superfreak titan
Superfreak badass
Vistion
Krash foot rocket (I think that is the one you guys have been voting for please correct me if I'm wrong!)
Fp1 maybe?
Ricktor what models should I include?

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Many different opinions. Some personal preference, some fanboy, some bias, some old school, some uneducated, etc. just ride as many as you can if you're in the market. All you're going to get is opinions, there's no best hull for surf it's what's best suited to your riding style that's best for you. That same hull may be the worst for another guy

I would love to try out all the hulls but that's probably not going to happen. Only hulls around here are bobs and chans. I really want to get to test a freak, ricktor and vision out. The pole is just to gather a little info ride reports help a lot too. I know there is not a best hull for surf but if 100 ride surf and 80 of them are on the same hull odds are that is a safe hull for me to pick.

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Go to a big Freeride event. I can tell you BOBs and Chans aren't the most common skis in surf. A lot of people will buy a Rickter because they are easy to build and have nice graphics... some of those people may actually prefer a Superfreak but don't feel comfortable building one. Some people only buy hulls made in the US. There aren't many JB1s or Predators in the US yet since there wasn't a US distributor until a year ago and a lot of people haven't ridden one. There's a ton of them in Australia though. That doesn't mean its a better hull in Australia surf than American surf since it's more common. I understand your theory and it makes sense somewhat. Most people that rode my Superfreak loved it but a few people weren't a big fan. It's all preference but at the end of the day your list is a decent one and you can't really make a bad choice between them. Also go read the hull review section for more insight

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I would love to try out all the hulls but that's probably not going to happen. Only hulls around here are bobs and chans. I really want to get to test a freak, ricktor and vision out.

whatchoo talking 'bout Willis? You're in the Moses Lake area, if I am not mistaken. That means that within 150 miles of you there are people with these hulls:
Superfreak Badass
Rickter FR2
Rickter EVO1
Footrocket
EME Q8
WDK ROK-R
Vision
Backie Chan
Various BOB's
Trinity Matrix

Probably more than that. Those are just greater Seattle and Portland areas, Spokane area, and Tri-Cities.
You just got to hit the rides. Most of the owners will let you try their stuff if you're respectful about it.

whatchoo talking 'bout Willis? You're in the Moses Lake area, if I am not mistaken. That means that within 150 miles of you there are people with these hulls:
Superfreak Badass
Rickter FR2
Rickter EVO1
Footrocket
EME Q8
WDK ROK-R
Vision
Backie Chan
Various BOB's
Trinity Matrix

Probably more than that. Those are just greater Seattle and Portland areas, Spokane area, and Tri-Cities.
You just got to hit the rides. Most of the owners will let you try their stuff if you're respectful about it.
There is not a single other am hull in Moses lake and I think there may be one ricktor in Spokane but other then that Spokane is a racer area and they don't like freestyle guys. I have been getting to know a couple guys in tri that have am skis but those are emes and chans. What rides are you referring to? The only one somewhat close by is gray land?

Pretty much where is the vision, superfreak and ricktors in that order lol. I would love to see if they would be willing to let me take a test ride and see what one I like the most!

Whats the difference between the old Ricktor FR2 and EVO1? Does the old FR2 slide as much as the EVO1? It is probably matter of getting used to, but I feel little uncomfortable shredding on the EVO1 Ricktor due to its sliding. I like the post 08 SJ behavior, to carve radically. The Ricktor boats tho are boss for sure!

I also like how RicktOr sounds ;)..

On the revised list can we add the lightweight. De hull? Ross C did quite a bit of time on it a few years ago. ZB too if I remember.

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk

Matt_E

Site Supporter
On the revised list can we add the lightweight. De hull? Ross C did quite a bit of time on it a few years ago. ZB too if I remember.

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk

It is on the list. Has been for a while.

TheJet: Like I said, Seattle/Portland area. Make it to some rides. You can't expect all those hulls directly in your backyard, available to you with zero effort

It is on the list. Has been for a while.

TheJet: Like I said, Seattle/Portland area. Make it to some rides. You can't expect all those hulls directly in your backyard, available to you with zero effort
I don't respect then in my back yard at all I'm willing to drive to any rides there are but rides around here are not very talked about....I mean the only one I know of is the graylands one that I could never make because of the date and one in organ that I plan to make this coming 22nd. Any there any others somewhat close?

Matt_E

Site Supporter
I don't respect then in my back yard at all I'm willing to drive to any rides there are but rides around here are not very talked about....I mean the only one I know of is the graylands one that I could never make because of the date and one in organ that I plan to make this coming 22nd. Any there any others somewhat close?

End of March, the Pacific City ride.
Early August, Grayland Open.
Early September, Surf Slam
From May through September, a handful of flatwater race & freestyle events.

Top Bottom