Freestyle When does a trick count?

This is a constant discussion between the guys I ride with. Sometimes we can agree, but often not. So when does it count? I don't mean for Pro level riding, I mean for us regular guys that get stoked by trying and landing something new.

Here is the latest debate, does this backie count? What do you guys think?

Depends what your asking and who? When my buddies ride I am mad stoked for them landing anything or attempting anything. I am my worst enemy on my ski. I feel like I can always do better and am never stoked until it is perfect.

Besides the fact, does that backie count? Hell ya it does. Is that a true backie? Naw, as stated it is a 180 to backflip. Is that 2? Hell no it's not.

Sometimes put yourself on 2 wheels like a dirtbike. Can you ride it out? If not you probably ate it hard haha- same goes for a h20scooter.

River Rat

Squarenosed
There's the argument right there, do you guys think he needs to ride it out for it to count?
Yes. If that were me and my friends were saying hey the rat double back flipped today, I would make sure if I heard them say that I would step in and say noooo I TRIED to do a double but landed on my back so I still need to try them so I can ride them out clean to be considered a double backflip but today was an attempt.

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
I'd say no just cause of the second attempt once you land and ride away from one you'll say it doesn't count but it was a great attempt

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I have this conversation with my wife. She takes pics and the pic can be great but i always ask if i rode it out. In my book it has to be ridden out to count.

You dont get to claim a sale if you get to the register and the client leaves with the cash. you dont get credit for a trick if you made a full rotation then swam.

Not dissing your style, i cant flip. Nor do i have the balls to have tried.

You have to ride out. Think of all the other sports out there, would you say someone landed a bf on a dirt bike if they landed on their face? Or skateboarding where you could do a trick and not have to land on the board.

That right there is a 100% complete 180 to backflip to pancake. If the trick you are attempting is a 180 to double, then no it was not complete. If it was a 180 to single flip, then ride it out after the single flip.

Top Bottom