Freestyle When does a trick count?

Imo it doesn't matter if it's a hood trick, 360 spin, bulldog, fish walk, back flip, or barrel roll, if you can't ride it out it doesn't count. All ticks have a beginning, middle, and end. If you don't do all 3 correctly in order you will not ride out clean. You just don't get lucky to ride a trick out, you had to do all the steps correctly.
Major props for trying though.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
plate to plate, deff a backflip.

Clean? No.

Much better than I can do and everyone who hasn't seen stand ups riding freestyle would be going "damn that dude just backflipped!"

If he was on a dirt bike, did a backflip, over rotated into a wheelie, fell off the back, broke a few bones, went to the hospital, would it count as a backflip or a backflip attempt? It was wheel to wheel after all.

Last edited:
If he was on a dirt bike, did a backflip, over rotated into a wheelie, fell off the back, broke a few bones, went to the hospital, would it count as a backflip or a backflip attempt? It was wheel to wheel after all.

The jet ski didn't over rotate right? He tried to go for a potential second backflip? Because, in your hypthetical situation, he over rotated.

If I do 10 backflips in a row on a DVX 1200 then ended it with a barrel roll and failed the barrel roll....did I not do backflips? I feel i just failed the overall trick but showed I can do a backflip.

Can we get @Rodneysj opinion please.
The jet ski didn't over rotate right? He tried to go for a potential second backflip? Because, in your hypthetical situation, he over rotated.

If I do 10 backflips in a row on a DVX 1200 then ended it with a barrel roll and failed the barrel roll....did I not do backflips? I feel i just failed the overall trick but showed I can do a backflip.

^This is the other half of the argument^

wait,there's trick,pro,ride it and stoked in this thread,so what exactly are we talking about here?o_O

but yeah,it counts imo since you rode out 2 of the 3 tricks.

It's what I call sketchy but it counts, if you ride it out then you're leaning towards clean!
Personally I have to land a trick 3 times in a row before I can call it my own.
but as others have said who cares if its fun haha

rubbertoe

X-H20 certified
A trick counts when : theres a score to keep ,or prize money to be had ,a trophy , your friend see it / bragging rights or an ego to feed .but really its about having a good time on your ski ,right ? if it isn't the first three wheres the real debate ? Good job Christian !

A trick counts when : theres a score to keep ,or prize money to be had ,a trophy , your friend see it / bragging rights or an ego to feed .but really its about having a good time on your ski ,right ? if it isn't the first three wheres the real debate ? Good job Christian !

do you ride with anybody who has an ego that needs to be fed?

rubbertoe

X-H20 certified
do you ride with anybody who has an ego that needs to be fed?
No ! My boy's been busy burning the midnight oil on some serious first world issues lately .Wtf do i know ,I suk.But poor Crhistian deserves at least a good word ,not just a debate .

Last edited:
for the comp we are hoping to pull off this year (big air single trick stuff) its as long as u are connected to the ski and it lands under you lol. not many of us are riing out big air double up stuff

Top Bottom