Other Where you put your rope ???

ph1lthy11y

Cummins hauls my ski to the water
Just wondering were you keep your tow rope i have a wdk hood so the fire ext compartment is out where do guys keep your tow rope when riding ? Thanks

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
2 stainless clamps and about 6' of rope. Wrap the rope around your waist twice like a belt. Tie the clamps onto the end of the rope and clip them to each other. The 2 stainless clips attached to the end of the rope clipsd together should fit snugly wrapped twice. This gives you a tow rope about 5-6' long. Wear with the clips over your left or right hip.

Every ski has a loop of webbing tied to the nose and tail of the ski. When you need to be or need to tow, simply unclip your belt, clip on to the webbing, tow.

With this set up, you can hook up and start towing in under 30 seconds.

If everyone ridin with you goes with this set up, everyone will have both loops and a rope. You can couple the ropes for longer tows, but in the surf you want a short rope and you want to be able to get it fast. Log ropes may seem safer until the guy in the back gets thrown over the guy in the front by a close set. With a short rope you can easily stay b/t 2 waves.

Has anyone tried paracord type rope? or do you need something stronger?

I like this idea^^ heavy duty bunjee cord would be good and save your engine from those excessive overload jolts when waves kick the guy behind you. Tight squish and high comp while towing can fry your engine- never been a fan of doing it but at times, it's gotta be done!

btmboards

Brett
Has anyone tried paracord type rope? or do you need something stronger?

ya, I used it as a limiting rope/ tow rope when I first started riding because it was plentiful and I could change it every time while I was learning what I like. I very much don't like it anymore though for a limiting rope and it is not strong enough for a tow rope, I have broke it.

Best I've had was a long nylon ratchet strap line coiled up and ziptied to my lower limiting rope mount, will never come of but if needed in a hurry (big surf) then a ziptie will break if yanked on hard.

New setup: I'm building right now it my limiting rope will easily unclip, double in length and work as a tow line. I used the same type line a KR was using on him limiting ropes.

We tow A LOT!!!!! around here (more in a month then most people in a life), pretty well figured out by now what does and doesn't work.

swapmeet

Brotastic
I use my limiting rope.
the rope is like 1/2" heavy duty rope from the hardware store. Almost like equestrian rope or climbing rope? And I have the "bomber carabiner tow hook" things that JetManiac sells on each end.

Anyhow, it's a short tow rope since it doubles as my limiter, but it works and I've used it many times and its always on my ski.

20 footer inside the front foot hold.....

FFH2.jpg

FFH1.jpg

I use the front foot hold too, though no fancy door. Just a hole cut into it and the turf folds over to cover it. I use the webbing from a ratchet strap with a carabiner on each end, with one of them half poking out the slit in the turf.

motozachl

uPsiDeDoWn
vumad said it best just a short 6' rope wrapped around the waist. In the surf its very difficult to fumble with a long rope, ask me how i know

Top Bottom