Custom/Hybrid white sasquatch Rok-R build

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
In the winter and spring we get about 35 degrees on the low end, usually 40-45 degrees.
Summer sees a maximum of 70 degrees for about two weeks, then it drops again. The flow controls make sure the spendy motors get the right cooling. Hand warmers are a must even in "just" 50 degree water. I had my hand warmers set up with quick disconnect so that I could swap in a third pisser, but it's nice to have warm water on the fingers and it also serves as an instant motor health indicator, so I never actually disconnected it.

Last edited:

burton391

in your house
In the winter and spring we get about 35 degrees on the low end, usually 40-45 degrees.
Summer sees a maximum of 70 degrees for about two weeks, then it drops again. The flow controls make sure the spendy motors get the right cooling. Hand warmers are a must even in "just" 50 degree water. I had my hand warmers set up with quick disconnect so that I could swap in a third pisser, but it's nice to have warm water on the fingers and it also serves as an instant motor health indicator, so I never actually disconnected it.

Plus you don't have to drill a bunch of holes in your hull. Its also easier for me to see that water is flowing.

ok ic. not too much worse than our michigan summers. Great lakes can be cold up here, especially superior. What temp do you guys try to keep your engines at?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
(This applies to the Jetworks engines that a few of us run) - it's regulated to where the water temp at the pisser is usually no more than 130 degrees.
The cooling flow control valves have three different sized inserts, so that gives four regulation steps over the year and it's pretty consistent.

yea i have the same ones. bouncing from dif water temps all summer you kinda need them to be efficient. i was just wondering how you guys do it on the other end of the country.

It rides the best with almost no tubes at all literally but that was,with a wdk 1200.

Top Bottom