Who all has started their riding season?

RiverRat

I started riding this week :Banane25: Tuning my motor with the 46mm carbs, TNT super Stock chamber and new hooker prop. I'm loving it so far. Motor does not make as much peak power as it did with 48mm carbs, but the response is really nice and the power is predictable.

weve been riding for over a month here.
yesterday i wore a spring suit,my legs got alittle chilly but the hand warmers that run up my hanpoles from the pisser kept them toasty.:woot:awesome mod!!!!

Get better Ross.

All I got is a nasty ass ear infection.
X2, can't hear out of my left ear. Winter, and middle summer riding when the water is hot seems to mes my ears up. Guess I'm going to have to start wearing earplugs.:crying:
weve been riding for over a month here.
yesterday i wore a spring suit,my legs got alittle chilly but the hand warmers that run up my hanpoles from the pisser kept them toasty.:woot:awesome mod!!!!

I agree, loving my hand warmers this year. Should have done it a long time ago.

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
I never stopped riding this year, but for the last week or so I have been riding without my wetsuit. Today I rode, weather was sunny and mid 80's, water temp was high 60's to low 70's.

I wish I had riders in oklahoma to ride with everybody here sold there skis and the rest that post on here are posiers and never ride or have an excuse why they can't

If the air temp is above 60 I will ride, but that's just because the SST doesn't get below 58ish in South Texas.

I want to get a little bit thicker wet suit as I have no clue what mine is.

gc4

I'd be lost without the x
Live on the St. Lawrence River in Canada. Riding season for me usually doesn't begin until the water is at least 50+ degrees. Which is usually around the beginning of May. The air has been in the 70's up here the last few days though and man it is making it hard not to go out. Well, until I touch the 40 degree water and rethink my whole plan.

So basically, May to ~Halloween. 6 months, 4.5 solid months.

Got a foothold install to do between now and May 1st though which i gotta get on after exams.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
First Ride today...

Air Temp: 82 deg
Water Temp: 37 deg

I only lasted long enough blow the Fogging oil out of the cylinders from post daytona winterization! I need a thicker wetsuit or a dry suit and I would be set!

Nice job Monkey.:headbang: I was planning on heading out, but at that point there were 44 mph south winds...I was worried about breaking down and getting blown into Canada and hitting an iceburg. I even had the ski fired up and hitched to my car...maybe tomorrow or Monday.

lakeboy183

get out and ride
i started a month and a half ago, air temp was 15deg. water was 40deg, went for a ride yesterday with only 50 feet of water open

Top Bottom