why didnt this octane sell ?

what do u do when you need parts, i heard that boolaris will only make new parts for their no longer in production jet skis for one more year.:dunno:

It was mine, but I sold it about 3 years ago to a buddy who put it up for sale after freeriding it for a couple years. That thing rips, I'm tempted to buy it back and revive the octane in stock class.

octanes are great! stable, great power..whats not to like???

yea thats what I thought but cant say as I never rode one before .. plus I am just a recreational rider .. so I may not even be qualified to give a "real" opinion even if I had rode one ..
but still dont like speedracers answer .. hey toeach thier own opinion .. but if you want to claim that crap why not back up your claims not just spit out a opinion . you rode one an octane speedracer .. ? or work on one ? what s the problem ..
was considering this ski .. but just wondering about engine parts .. common at all to other polaris skis new or used oem parts ?

yea thats what I thought but cant say as I never rode one before .. plus I am just a recreational rider .. so I may not even be qualified to give a "real" opinion even if I had rode one ..
but still dont like speedracers answer .. hey toeach thier own opinion .. but if you want to claim that crap why not back up your claims not just spit out a opinion . you rode one an octane speedracer .. ? or work on one ? what s the problem ..
was considering this ski .. but just wondering about engine parts .. common at all to other polaris skis new or used oem parts ?

when I find people that suck and I could care less for their opinion, I put em on the "ignore list". It works well, you don't even see their posts... There are a lot of em on here.... he he he...

:439:

LIVE2RIDE Powersports

Live & Die 2 Ride
The old sled saying was
Pull
Over on
Lake
And
Repair
In
Spring

I heard

Pull
off
lake
and
repair
in
summer.

But i rode a stock one and it was by far the fastest standup i rode, it literally pulled my pants down to my feet.
Yes, i was wearing thin snowboarding pants when i was offer to take it out, i didn't refuse. I gave the shore a face full of white azzz.

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !

You want a list ok ,its heavy even more so than an SXR,it doesn't turn worth a crap unless the hull mods have been done,that may not be a problem for you if you are just going to freeride it,it appears they have been done on this one so you are good there,the ignition system sucks and most had to have their entire ignition replaced,once that is done its usually ok from then on,I DID SAY USUALLY,the engine parts on an Octane are common with the Virage 800 skis only,the engine itself is pretty durable and it is fast,biggest problem is it hasn't been in production since 2003 and most of the Polaris parts are getting very hard to come by.You don't have to like my answer,you also don't have to accept it as fact,its mostly just my opinion,all I can say is I know what I know.

Last edited:

doubled

octane rider
I love my Octane.
I stayed out of this thread because Ive never been on an SXR and have limited time on SJ's(10 yrs ago).
WFO is correct about its flaws.I'm sure it's heavy as I just installed hull drains,when I drilled the pilot holes it drained water for two days.
Mine already had the hull mods done, so I can't speak on pre mod feel but it turns quickly and flat. I tried riding a friends stock RN & I flounder on it, I lean into the turn on his ski and after the apex, it just rolls to the outside. On my Octane I lean in,hit the apex and it just stands up and goes where I'm pointing,no rolling effect.
I just got my ignition system back from Watcon with new CDI.So hopefully as WFO said "once that is done its usually ok from then on,I DID SAY USUALLY"
As for parts availability so far so good. I got a coil from my local dealer,Just bought a starter drive from jetskimechanic.com today.

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
I love my Octane.
I stayed out of this thread because Ive never been on an SXR and have limited time on SJ's(10 yrs ago).
WFO is correct about its flaws.I'm sure it's heavy as I just installed hull drains,when I drilled the pilot holes it drained water for two days.
Mine already had the hull mods done, so I can't speak on pre mod feel but it turns quickly and flat. I tried riding a friends stock RN & I flounder on it, I lean into the turn on his ski and after the apex, it just rolls to the outside. On my Octane I lean in,hit the apex and it just stands up and goes where I'm pointing,no rolling effect.
I just got my ignition system back from Watcon with new CDI.So hopefully as WFO said "once that is done its usually ok from then on,I DID SAY USUALLY"
As for parts availability so far so good. I got a coil from my local dealer,Just bought a starter drive from jetskimechanic.com today.

and im gonna ride it so i can than give MY half @ssed .02 too:cheer:
but ill freeride it too so woo woo!!!:bananajump:

BombThreat

'Diggity
Buddy of mine has a octane and when my sxr blew up he was nice enough to let me ride it for the next few weeks while i was waiting on parts/ect. After a few hours on it I was starting to get used to it and she'll carve nice, just its turns flat, not much leaning at all like a sxr. Fast as hell too! Awesome hookup with the solas mag pump.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
when I find people that suck and I could care less for their opinion, I put em on the "ignore list". It works well, you don't even see their posts... There are a lot of em on here.... he he he...

:439:

If you iggied everyone that didn't agree with you my guess is that leaves a short list of folks left to talk to.

Did you pick it up this weekend?

Top Bottom