*** Wild Bill pics and vids - 8/22-8/23 ***

SuziQ

Banned
I pieced some footage together last night, I don't have time to be fancy but it works, just waiting for Vimeo to process it now. I got a nice shot of Dan giving us a drive by. lol

I'm still new to surf so I was giving the veterans a wide berth so most of my shots are from a distance.

Footage is mixed from saturday at the Spot and then Sunday from Hugo. I would have liked to have been out more on saturday but electrical issues kept forced me to turn back.

http://vimeo.com/6268359

:woot::woot::purr: N. CAROLINA!!!:purr::wiggle::wiggle::bigok: (I was worried bout you.)

Ewok was/is injured.....he came down on the right gunwhale LAST week and sprained his ankle...

I got some video.....its just tedious editing

ya ewok and i were having the air it out contest when he hurt it me and him hit the wave at the same time and i looked over at him and he looked over at me and a few peaple said we were 17 to 20 feet up hope he gets better soon

Thanks for the mentor update guys. Ewok, I’m really sorry…:sadwavey: I know you’re hating it dear (ya big lurker, ha ha). Get well soon so we can all witness your greatness please!!! :purr:

J, lol, I loved your description!!! It reminded me of exchanging "air looks" with Captain Charlie up there in Vilano that first summer (I love that place for the vibe). We were only 8-12 he said…my first zero gravity hang (I miss that 4sure)...my eyes locked WIDE at him, ha ha!!! He couldn’t see the big grin on my face for my Martian helmet, lol, but it was a Cheshire the Cat one for sure! :biggrin: I’ll never forget that feeling! I can’t imagine going as BIG as you described, but I sure wish I could try again! I really hope someone caught that on vid (the air part, not his carnage, bless his heart)! Did Charlie or Dave show up? I miss those guys too…good times!

here goes

I love your pics …it looks as smooth as my very first ride with everyone…which was there at the Spot…premo memory/premo freeride for sure!!! :present:

Last edited:
so the x2 that was flipped over cause of water in the engine compartment....did he not have a bildge? just caught my eye....

Um...yeah I have a new one to put in, had it for a few months now. In fact, my friend I rode over with doesn't have one either in his X2 and we were talking about it driving there that morning! We were like, "yeah, we need to put those bilge pumps in soon!" Shoulda, woulda, coulda!:smashfreakB:

Needless to say, the bilge pump is going in this week!! On a positive note, with the help of some great guys (don't even know their names!! Thanks alot fellas!!) I got her going again and took her back to the ginormous surf (to me) for some more fun!

SuziQ

Banned
Um...yeah I have a new one to put in, had it for a few months now. In fact, my friend I rode over with doesn't have one either in his X2 and we were talking about it driving there that morning! We were like, "yeah, we need to put those bilge pumps in soon!" Shoulda, woulda, coulda!:smashfreakB:

Needless to say, the bilge pump is going in this week!! On a positive note, with the help of some great guys (don't even know their names!! Thanks alot fellas!!) I got her going again and took her back to the ginormous surf (to me) for some more fun!

Don’t sweat that online…it takes a REAL MAN to own up to errors, thus helping fellow or future riders. My dear friend Stricky taught me something long ago; he said, if anyone tells you they haven’t made an error in the surf, they are full of it!!! (something like that anyhow) The more details riders provide in instances such as that, the better. The ones that keep it hush are simply not worthy. Props to you for discussing it Sir! Serious props to Brian of the Junkies for giving me permission to mention his unusual incident, and then jumping on with some more details about it. That’s just keeping it real. Both of you have my respect now, and should have it from all. :cool2:

New swell has been upgraded to Tropical Storm status and is forecast for Hurricane status when it hits NC area guys…much closer to shore than this last one, so potentially more dangerous…keep an eye on it! :eek5:

post more pics! :Banane26:

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
A mistake is one thing, but an error in judgment is another. After being towed in once, you should not have gone back out!

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
I only had the Gopro on for the morning, should have had it on all day. It keeped fogging up the lense.

Lucas was going huge on his BF's & Rolls!

Great Time!

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Some pics to show the size and quality of the bill surf on saturday at the spot

Attachments

• bill pic.jpg
    bill pic.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 120
  • surf pic bill.jpg
    surf pic bill.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 82

WaHoo_1

Surf Swimmer
Some pics to show the size and quality of the bill surf on saturday at the spot

that picture brought back memories...

in one of the afternoon sessions, i didn't realize until it happened, but i managed to stray waaaaay down past the inlet opening. I was pretty far out as well. I'm coming down off a wave and i finally look up towards shore.... there must have been 20+ grom heads all sticking outta the water! Pretty weird at the time.

saturday at the spot

We had set after set of giant waves but no helmet cam shot any of them they were too busy shooting the flips and rolls on the kiddy waves. If we ever get surf like this again i will go around to the beach side and take some photos. Best fun ever but i never had to dodge surfers this much. They were right out in the mouth of the inlet. Most of them were afraid to even take off on the giant sets. They just paddled around all day and watched. Those two photos were actually some of the medium sized outside sets they were even bigger when sets came through.

Last edited:

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
We had set after set of giant waves but no helmet cam shot any of them they were too busy shooting the flips and rolls on the kiddy waves. If we ever get surf like this again i will go around to the beach side and take some photos. Best fun ever but i never had to dodge surfers this much. They were right out in the mouth of the inlet. Most of them were afraid to even take off on the giant sets. They just paddled around all day and watched. Those two photos were actually some of the medium sized outside sets they were even bigger when sets came through.

even the tow-in guys were not out there very long... or very successful

One of the a-holes in the pass was waving us off like he owned the whole length of the beach and the pass...

I would love to see some pics of the bigger sets...someone must have something!

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I would love to see some pics of the bigger sets...someone must have something!

x2

I keep hoping someone is holding back the money pic of the day...

Those big sets were something to see and ride.

Top Bottom