Will Amateur freestyle rules be enforced on the 2010 APBA Nationals tour?

Will Amateur freestyle rules be enforced on the 2010 APBA Nationals tour?

• Yes, Rules are made to be followed and they should be enforced.

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • No, Amatuer freestyle rules have always been a joke. No one cares.

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
I competed in 07 and 08 and did not in 09.

MY OPINION AND ONLY MY OPINION !!!

The rules are a joke that are not followed. Nor are the rules enforced!
Why, you might ask? Because it is ALL to subjective to begin with. I had my laoded diaper on all year last year and did not pay any entry fees for a reason-I was pissed off a the SPORT. LMAO If you regard AM Freestyle as a SPORT you to will be pissed off. The only thing that the SPORT gave me is qaulity time hangin out at the races with my friends/fellow competitors.
(if you have never competed in AM Freestyle you would not understand this).

I plan on competing this year and I am not going to go and get a dam 5.00 trophy, I am going to hang out w/friends and have fun. If some kid shows up and pulls 123,732,092,490 flatwater backflips in a row on a Q9 hull with solid rocket boosters strapped to his azz and wins, I will give him a high 5 and congradulate him on his win.

If you go and compete and expect anything more than fun, you will be sorely dis-appointed, however, if you go hoping to have fun, you will come home having won the greatest lottery in life.
Gil D. Williams

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
I competed in 07 and 08 and did not in 09.

MY OPINION AND ONLY MY OPINION !!!

The rules are a joke that are not followed. Nor are the rules enforced!
Why, you might ask? Because it is ALL to subjective to begin with. I had my laoded diaper on all year last year and did not pay any entry fees for a reason-I was pissed off a the SPORT. LMAO If you regard AM Freestyle as a SPORT you to will be pissed off. The only thing that the SPORT gave me is qaulity time hangin out at the races with my friends/fellow competitors.
(if you have never competed in AM Freestyle you would not understand this).

I plan on competing this year and I am not going to go and get a dam 5.00 trophy, I am going to hang out w/friends and have fun. If some kid shows up and pulls 123,732,092,490 flatwater backflips in a row on a Q9 hull with solid rocket boosters strapped to his azz and wins, I will give him a high 5 and congradulate him on his win.

If you go and compete and expect anything more than fun, you will be sorely dis-appointed, however, if you go hoping to have fun, you will come home having won the greatest lottery in life.
Gil D. Williams

:werd: I totally agree. Especially if we are talking about region 7 because the events ive done last year they had combined pro/am and so stoyer/ratti just won everything which made zero sense. So what the hell do the rules matter for anyway.

Gil- you going to come to myrtle beach this year?

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
:werd: I totally agree. Especially if we are talking about region 7 because the events ive done last year they had combined pro/am and so stoyer/ratti just won everything which made zero sense. So what the hell do the rules matter for anyway.

It's going to depend on the money situation mostly. I am pretty sure I will make Gulfport and Nashville.

Big Kahuna

Administrator

That is because you were competing at National tour events. You still got points for Amature. No money for Amature anyhow.

Gil has the right attitude. Do it for fun.

nobody says anything about AM hulls in Region 7. We are all in it for fun.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
they havent enforced the rules in six years and i dont think they are going to start now.

True they have not.

But as a competitor I am going to follow the rules. I dont cheat in freestyle, nor in racing. I dont see how anybody else can either. But that is just me.

Granted, I am not going to harp or complain about it. Been competing with a guy since 2004 that has been on a Wammer hull ever since. Maybe I or somebody else should to get the promoters to step up and enforce them.

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
If they did enforce the rules and made you AM guys enter as Pro would you still enter? (is there a cost difference for entry at each event?)

I have a feeling that if they said I could not compete in a cashless tournament b/c my boat was not legal because of a slight modification to the hull and wanted more money I would not enter, however, I have yet to enter due to the whole $50 for 2min thing. If you ride to have fun with friends, why not just bring your ski to each event and ride you’re your friends???

[rant]
and why have rules if your not going to follow them. Lazyness??? If you have them follow them, enforce them. If you want a open class make a flippin(no phun intended)open class.

My $.02 Untill the promoters do a better job with this senseless "here are some rules follow them if you want to" deal, they will yet to expect a dime out of me. Do your job and you get paid.
[/rant]

jetskidude

"dirty sanchez"
big kahuna you are absolutly right. i would never cheat as well and they need to enforce at least half of the rules or they guy with the most money is going to win and thats not far. granted there is a few amateurs out there that are pretty good but if you have somebody that wants to chop 14 inches off a superjet and expect to compete then thats wrong. "wont mention any names".

Big Kahuna

Administrator
If they did enforce the rules and made you AM guys enter as Pro would you still enter? (is there a cost difference for entry at each event?)

I have a feeling that if they said I could not compete in a cashless tournament b/c my boat was not legal because of a slight modification to the hull and wanted more money I would not enter, however, I have yet to enter due to the whole $50 for 2min thing. If you ride to have fun with friends, why not just bring your ski to each event and ride you’re your friends???

[rant]
and why have rules if your not going to follow them. Lazyness??? If you have them follow them, enforce them. If you want a open class make a flippin(no phun intended)open class.

My $.02 Untill the promoters do a better job with this senseless "here are some rules follow them if you want to" deal, they will yet to expect a dime out of me. Do your job and you get paid.
[/rant]

Hey Dag, if you compete under Mike Young, you get 4 minutes for $50.00 Get it right.

Mike does care about freestyle and the "Show".

It is a double edged sword. If you follow the rules, then half will be DQ'd.

And half of the entry fees would not come in.

There is just not enough competitors wanting to compete right now to really justify the rules. I know it sounds crazy.

Regionals, dont worry about them, but at Nats and Worlds, the rules should be enforced.

But, enter AM Freestyle class 2 and it opens the doors up for more mods. Problem is there just is really not many that fall in that catagory. With these new hulls that everybody is going to it will bring more in.

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia

[rant]

[/rant]

I think riding in the contest has alot to do with it being a different experience. Riding with friends is awesome for sure, but there is something different about riding in a contest setting. Maybe thats just me, but i love the contests.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I think riding in the contest has alot to do with it being a different experience. Riding with friends is awesome for sure, but there is something different about riding in a contest setting. Maybe thats just me, but i love the contests.

Hopefully I will get to compete against you, I mean kick your butt!!!!

But it really is a blast and we are all rooting for the other guys!!!! Just a great experience.

Where else will you see a competitor break down and his competition run his ski out to the other guy and say "Hey, finish your run on mine".

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
Hopefully I will get to compete against you, I mean kick your butt!!!!

But it really is a blast and we are all rooting for the other guys!!!! Just a great experience.

Where else will you see a competitor break down and his competition run his ski out to the other guy and say "Hey, finish your run on mine".

I look forward to the but kicking.

Yup everyone rooting for each other, everyone pushing you to go harder. Like last year at LKN i was having ski troubles right before my run. Every single one of the other guys helped or offered there ski there. Something i dont think you see in alot of other sports. Especially the pros or the top guys in the sport.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I look forward to the but kicking.

Yup everyone rooting for each other, everyone pushing you to go harder. Like last year at LKN i was having ski troubles right before my run. Every single one of the other guys helped or offered there ski there. Something i dont think you see in alot of other sports. Especially the pros or the top guys in the sport.

Stoyer always offered up his boat the few times I had issues.

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
A fresh update!

Now that its set in stone that the APBA is going to use the IJSBA freestyle rules on the 2010 Regional and National tour, that means that if you are on a stock hull you will be going up against guys that have hulls that are up to 12" shorter and up to possibly 70+ pounds lighter. Real fair...
Switching to the IJSBA rules this year for the APBA races maybe a good thing for the sport of PWC racing, but for Amateur freestyle its a degrading move.

Good Job APBA/IJSBA! Another step backwards IMO.
Way to keep the beginners and the people with smaller budgets from wanting to get in the Amateur freestyle comp. game.

Also I believe that a hull like the stunt or the bob is not gonna help peeps get into the sport of AM competition either. Not many people have the budget to splurge on a $3500 hull, even if it is close to 1/2 price of say a Rickter, Matrix, Lenzi1, EME, etc...

Amateur needs to be stock hulls only! Or it needs the APBA rules back that were made only a few years ago where you had 2 classes for Amateur. One with stock hull up to 800cc and Am 2 with aftermarket hulls up to 900cc.
But NOOOO...One step forward = 2 steps backwards.

Top Bottom