650/X-2 X-2- 701 (on a budget) build

Have you measured the difference from pump to bulkhead on these two setups? Your probably going to need a midshaft thats longer to get the motor forward enough to let the pipe and carbs clear the hull.

AZRIDER

stupid desert
Have you measured the difference from pump to bulkhead on these two setups? Your probably going to need a midshaft thats longer to get the motor forward enough to let the pipe and carbs clear the hull.
i believe you would be correct bu Im going try and adjust iin different ways-- pump is going o go as far forward as i can get it and the fron of he foot wells might have to be brought back according to my reconing

AZRIDER

stupid desert
defoamed the X-2, sand-fitted-sand-fitted- sand- the two hull components then taped em together and then removed ribs and othe useless hardware from motor compartment in preperation for glass I think Im gonna wake up early tomorrow and knock out the base layer, so I can flip the hull in the evening and sand the bottomphoto 1.JPGphoto 4.JPG photo 5-3.JPG photo 5.JPG

AZRIDER

stupid desert
The hull is going to end up significantly shorter I am going to mover the fire wall about 3 inches forward which also means the pump got moved up that much; and the SJ is already significantly shorter system; by my aproximation the whole thing is going to be about 11 inches shorter-- all from the back
photo 1-3.JPG photo 2-3.JPG
I got a little dirty -- my hair is so grey!! AHHHHH

AZRIDER

stupid desert
The steering is Going to be the big hiccup-- Im going to have to make something from scratch outta excess parts- conviently I have lots of those!

AZRIDER

stupid desert
Ok the two hulls have OFFCIALLY been bonded together!
this was done after extensive removal of components from the motor compartment-- all the hardware mounts and ribs have been completely removed-- or as close as I could get.
sanding some of the ribs in an X2 hull is very challenging, because of angles and motor mount location. but I i filled in any gaps with glass the used fiber glass tape followed by CF!

photo 4.JPG
This means I can test fit a motor and exhaust tomorrow! exciting!

Attachments

• photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 46
Top Bottom