X-metal waterbox

im keepin mine in if they dont like it thats their prob...................harleys piss me off but they arnt gonna take them off the streets.............

How would you like it if a Harley came out and rode right in front of your house for 2- 3 hours. You might call the cops. A Harley is annoying but it comes and goes within a few seconds. Same thing with a Baja boat. Standups are different because most of us ride at one spot all day. I don't know why some of you think these exhaust are cool. Do you just need attention? The only thing you will get is bad attention.

crammit442

makin' legs
How would you like it if a Harley came out and rode right in front of your house for 2- 3 hours. You might call the cops. A Harley is annoying but it comes and goes within a few seconds. Same thing with a Baja boat. Standups are different because most of us ride at one spot all day. I don't know why some of you think these exhaust are cool. Do you just need attention? The only thing you will get is bad attention.

That's the thing no one seems to get. Harley's aren't gonna be banned. The have strength in numbers. It's very possible that jetskis WILL be banned. They already have in many places. It might make a bit more sense if the thing actually made power or improved performance, but all it is is LOUD!!!:rolleyes:

P

PancakePete

That's the thing no one seems to get. Harley's aren't gonna be banned. The have strength in numbers. It's very possible that jetskis WILL be banned. They already have in many places. It might make a bit more sense if the thing actually made power or improved performance, but all it is is LOUD!!!:rolleyes:

Call the WAA-Bulance ! :17: :wink:

I know I am the biggest.... :laugh2:

As for noise... my boat is as loud as a ski with a B-pipe. I feel
just has a deaper sound... I am going to do a deciable test to get numbers this year. (your also talking to a guy that has lost both eardurms multiple times)

but even if mine was really loud... you cant hear crap by us anyway... there is more cigarette boats by us than jetskis, standup and sit down.... and they are so loud, you cant hear the skis... even with some brap on...

As for you guys in more remote locations... dont run it then, dont knock the product though.. some of us love it...

Call the WAA-Bulance ! :17: :wink:

I know I am the biggest.... :laugh2:

As for noise... my boat is as loud as a ski with a B-pipe. I feel
just has a deaper sound... I am going to do a deciable test to get numbers this year. (your also talking to a guy that has lost both eardurms multiple times)

Mine was easily twice as loud as stock.

but even if mine was really loud... you cant hear crap by us anyway... there is more cigarette boats by us than jetskis, standup and sit down.... and they are so loud, you cant hear the skis... even with some brap on...

I didn't feel bad riding out in the middle of the channel at Lanier or around Jetski Cove. Although anytime I rode at another lake or near a shoreline where there are people trying to enjoy the lake I felt like a jacka$$ riding around with the exhaust echoing off the trees. You are right though if you ride in a big body of water with no trees or objects for the sound to bounce around on; it wouldn't be half as bad. But if you ride at a lake be ready to have pissed off people and possibly be thrown off the lake. I just can't believe the ignorance of some people in this sport that have the mentality of F everybody else and what they think. This kind of thinking has already gave stand up riders a bad name at Lake Lanier because we get hassled all the time.
As for you guys in more remote locations... dont run it then, dont knock the product though.. some of us love it...

I just have not figured out what is so great about this product.

Last edited:

Mark44

Katie's Boss
I have had two Harley's both custom built first one was a drag bike style frame second was a chopper glad I don’t have them any more.
Harley pig is for a reason.

Mark44

I just have not figured out what is so great about this product.

obviously you dont like the sound of a braaapin' two stroke, and you obviously dont appreciate saving a few pounds, therefore you dont see the goodness of the waterbox. i dont think anyone claimed it to be great, but it saves weight and helps your ski not sound so sissy. (if thats even possible for a yami)

Big Kahuna

Administrator
obviously you dont like the sound of a braaapin' two stroke, and you obviously dont appreciate saving a few pounds, therefore you dont see the goodness of the waterbox. i dont think anyone claimed it to be great, but it saves weight and helps your ski not sound so sissy. (if thats even possible for a yami)

and obviously you do not ride in a lake where other people try to enjoy themselves or you don't give a rats ass and have no respect for others.

That box is loud, it may not sound like it when you are on it yourself, but it is really loud. whether it is lighter, gives more power or makes you think your dick is 10" long, it does not change the fact they are loud and annoys anybody on the lake trying to enjoy a peaceful day at the lake.

***Disclaimer ***** This is the only product of XMetal that I do not care for.

If I could afford a strickly competition boat that only got used at competitions I probably would have one in it.

#ZERO

Beach Bum
I'd compare the box similar to a Honda Civic with a fart can, no real power gains just more noise to attract attention.

If you look inside the box it almost a straight through design with four baffle plates with two inch holes at different levels.

hangtime

Speak up ,don't kiss azz
With front exhaust they are loud but with regular rear exhaust I don't think it is that loud .
Most people are running jetworks flow controls now anyway so even the stock box is louder when it has very little water in it .:shhh:

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
I'd compare the box similar to a Honda Civic with a fart can, no real power gains just more noise to attract attention.

If you look inside the box it almost a straight through design with four baffle plates with two inch holes at different levels.

:haha: I hate those cars with the "fart cans" .... even better with a giant aluminum spoiler!

and obviously you do not ride in a lake where other people try to enjoy themselves or you don't give a rats ass and have no respect for others.

That box is loud, it may not sound like it when you are on it yourself, but it is really loud. whether it is lighter, gives more power or makes you think your dick is 10" long, it does not change the fact they are loud and annoys anybody on the lake trying to enjoy a peaceful day at the lake.

***Disclaimer ***** This is the only product of XMetal that I do not care for.

If I could afford a strickly competition boat that only got used at competitions I probably would have one in it.

obviously i do ride on a small lake? i live in northeast PA man, nowhere near the ocean or a big lake. dont open your big mouth if you dont even know where i ride.....

big deal the box is loud, get over it, if someone wants a loud ski thats their choice, it may not be best for the sport but a person is entitled to setting up their boat how they want.

and noise doenst bother EVERYbody, believe it or not some people on my like the sound...

i need some warm weather, this winter ******** is making me pissy.

Last edited:

best quote of the day, i feel the same im a lot happier when i get to ride everyday instead of just looking at my ski's while im shivering.
and btw i like loud ski's as long as it sounds good like the xbox, loud and tinny i dont care for

obviously i do ride on a small lake? i live in northeast PA man, nowhere near the ocean or a big lake. dont open your big mouth if you dont even know where i ride.....

big deal the box is loud, get over it, if someone wants a loud ski thats their choice, it may not be best for the sport but a person is entitled to setting up their boat how they want.

and noise doenst bother EVERYbody, believe it or not some people on my like the sound...

One day you will grow up. Its sounds like its all about what you want right now. It goes back to the ignorance statement I made above. "I" want a loud ass ski and F everybody who doesn't like that. Your lake isn't just for your enjoyment. If you ride at a small lake and go to the same spot every weekend give it some time and you start getting complaints or dirty looks.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
This was my X-metal that I got rid of because it was to loud. It didn't just piss off people out trying to enjoy the lake. The guys I ride with were annoyed by it. I could never talk to anyone riding beside me or in a boat. It was that loud. I did not notice any increase in power with it, and I believe the weight savings was 2 lbs. under the stock box. Just not worth it to me. I recently heard of a guy in AL who was thrown off his lake by the water patrol because it was to loud. GO STOCK AND SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!:cool2:

I have gotten into trouble because of it, too. Thanks. :fingerx:

I sold my front exhaust kit and restored the hull to pre-front exhaust condition.
I like the Waterbox, but it was a wee bit too loud.

Top Bottom