XFT hull info

norcal ex

X-H2
It is the same exact ski. Free-x/fly x are the same exact hull. One is just a little more reenforced. I believe this one is the stronger one. If I had the choice of this hull or a rok or a BOB I would choose the XFT hands down for flatwater. There is no comparison.

Ottis

lamey powered
I have a XFT surf hull I bought from Sergio in 06 and have been riding it hard with no problems, 65 pounds I think, they are a work of art (visual carbon) and I would recommend one if you can find it, one thing to keep in mind is it lighter and a different ride than a Superjet, Sjs weigh what they do for a reason

This may be a long shot, but I'm looking for either the person who built or the rider of the ski in those videos. I currently own that ski and would like to know a little bit of information about the engine. Mostly if it is the same one now as what was in it in the video

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
This may be a long shot, but I'm looking for either the person who built or the rider of the ski in those videos. I currently own that ski and would like to know a little bit of information about the engine. Mostly if it is the same one now as what was in it in the video
What does your hull look like? I feel like I may have owned that hull but it had a wrap over the XFT paintjob.

Are you guys talking about my old xft ski that I sold on here back in 2015? I sold it to wade in Michigan. Then he sold it to someone else on here. If its that one, I did build it. Let me see if I can find a pic
aa1052a07ad9ab1c1bfe6e1f7d5ec097.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Didn't that ski just pop up on FB the other day?

Yes. I bought it from ScootinHooten the next day.

I mainly just want to find out what motor was in it when those videos were taken. The Youtube poster was "Ryanerb". It currently has a ported 735 motor with your typical bolt ons. I don't picture that motor doing the flatwater stuff he was doing in those videos..so Im just curious what power that took. I realize it takes skill too.

those are 2 different hulls. that beater in the back of the truck is just your standard xft.
the cherry red white and black hull was larry stephens hull that he bought from Sergio. he shortened it front and rear as can be seen by the very short gunwhale pads. those vids are of larry riding it. dude can ride. it had a stock stroke dasa 7 port 780cc with an R&D dry pipe on it in those vids.
I just called and talked to larry a few days ago after he posted up those two carbon xft trim setups for sale. he sold the hull to jetpilot36 that put it together and sold it to birdman.
birdman put the running gear in that carbon rickter XFU that I bought from him and i'm still running.
larry wished he never sold that hull. he said he loved it and he had a lot of time into it shortening it.
those footholds only came in the older XFTs. they are screw in and were sold for superjets too.
the newer XFTs had 2 sets of holds. the rec ones in the back and another set farther forward. its really just one big frigging hole on both sides and they suck. the bolt in ones are way more aggressive and keep you in better.
when larry was closing up the shop 2 minutes away from me, he gave me 6 or 7 hulls. some Frankenstein crap, but there is one set of those bolt in holds in one hull.
now you knuckleheads know the real story of those 2 hulls. truerider has the cherry one larry modified

those are 2 different hulls. that beater in the back of the truck is just your standard xft.
the cherry red white and black hull was larry stephens hull that he bought from Sergio. he shortened it front and rear as can be seen by the very short gunwhale pads. those vids are of larry riding it. dude can ride. it had a stock stroke dasa 7 port 780cc with an R&D dry pipe on it in those vids.
I just called and talked to larry a few days ago after he posted up those two carbon xft trim setups for sale. he sold the hull to jetpilot36 that put it together and sold it to birdman.
birdman put the running gear in that carbon rickter XFU that I bought from him and i'm still running.
larry wished he never sold that hull. he said he loved it and he had a lot of time into it shortening it.
those footholds only came in the older XFTs. they are screw in and were sold for superjets too.
the newer XFTs had 2 sets of holds. the rec ones in the back and another set farther forward. its really just one big frigging hole on both sides and they suck. the bolt in ones are way more aggressive and keep you in better.
when larry was closing up the shop 2 minutes away from me, he gave me 6 or 7 hulls. some Frankenstein crap, but there is one set of those bolt in holds in one hull.
now you knuckleheads know the real story of those 2 hulls. truerider has the cherry one larry modified
Ski is far from a beater.

Also in the video you can see all of the exact stickers the "beater" has...Hawaiian tropic on the bottom, Jetski Solutions down the side, flooring decal on the front nose.

So unless they did some kits like that, my "beater" is the one in that video. Just trying to find out what powerplant it had.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
your beater aint the one in the vids. those are the standard xft graphics. the one in the vid is in CA and in a CA lake. the graphics got changed after it was shortened, to larrys basic PJX graphics. you heard all there was to know on the motor. I don't care if you believe or not. you obviously forgot who I am and what I know about this jetski junk. I still remember who you are( poop talker) or better yet, are not.( anybody!)

your beater aint the one in the vids. those are the standard xft graphics. the one in the vid is in CA and in a CA lake. the graphics got changed after it was shortened, to larrys basic PJX graphics. you heard all there was to know on the motor. I don't care if you believe or not. you obviously forgot who I am and what I know about this jetski junk. I still remember who you are( poop talker) or better yet, are not.( anybody!)
So I guess the exact same registration stickers in the video in blue are also a coincidence.

And sorry..I don't know you. Never cared to with how you talk.

So I guess the exact same registration stickers in the video in blue are also a coincidence.

And sorry..I don't know you. Never cared to with how you talk.

PS- This ski came from California. The registration stickers are still on the ski..in the exact same spot they are in that video.

So apparently, the Lewis floor covering decal is standard, as well as the blue California registration decals, and the jetski solutions decal. Ya...I find that hard to believe.

Top Bottom