Yamabond discontinued

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
I went to my local Yamaha dealer today and asked for a tube of Yamabond. I bought the last tube they had. The parts guy selling it to me said that Yamaha has discontinued it. I bought the last one he said. I asked what is going to replace it and he said he didn’t know, but Honda sells the same stuff. Has anyone else heard about Yamabond being discontinued and what will replace it?

:arms: :arms: :arms:

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
jetskier79 said:
My understanding is that it's the exact same thing as 3bond 1211 silicon.

Jetskier thanks,
Well I just paid $8.78 for a tube a 3.5 oz tube. I wonder if your stuff is any cheaper? Always looking to cut cost. I have to buy gas. I quit eating last week so I could ride this week.

Last edited:
Lakeman said:
Jetskier thanks,
Well I just paid $8.78 for a tube a 3.5 oz tube. I wonder if your stuff is any cheaper? Always looking to cut cost. I have to buy gas. I quit eating last week so I could ride this week.

Yeah Right.

Last edited:

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
Lakeman said:
Jetskier thanks,

I would have done the same thing. Keep the pump hooked up by all means necessary. :cheer:

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
I have some ThreeBond 1104 that is the same stuff. I bought it years ago when building a Kawi motor and bought the Yamabond when dooing my Yami motor. Looks and smells the same.??

I have a half used tube of Yamibond, I could post it on Ebay as a hard to find discontinued item and get $100 for the tube.:Banane01: :Banane01:

T-bone

brraap....thats so 2002
superslug137 said:
If KAWASAKI came out with something,,they might wanna call it

KAWABONDI

no theirs is just "kawibond" with out the "I" and still the same as yamabond

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Actually 1194 was a suggested alternative untill the reformulated yamabond 4 was introduced. The new replacement has been available for a few months.

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
I just bought a tube of Yamabond 4 for $10 at my local dealer. They wanted $21 for a tube of 3bond 1211. Screw that!
I've used both many times in the past and they both work just as well for me.

Be Careful on using old 1211 as I just used a old tube I had from last year on my kids 650 cases and it took a week to dry, whereas usually 1211 is dry in 24 hours.

Top Bottom