Octane yamaha motor in an octane

you like that one huh. never ben sunk lol thats the crank from the motor that the guy winterized it buy putting antifreeze down the carb!!

Last edited:

StandupWI

Sinking with the bilge on
next chance ya get can you get a few for me. or just post how you went about getting it in there. thanks !!!

This was actually done by the albanymotorsports guys. My buddy bought the ski off them and then blew it up so I got it for a steal.

From what I can see they made their own bed plate to mount up to the octane mounts and fit the yamaha engine. The bed plate was sort of a hack, but I made a few improvements and it seems to be holding together fine. I don't really have any good pictures but here is one of the engine compartment.

Attachments

• Octane14.jpg
    Octane14.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 243
  • Octane.jpg
    Octane.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 300

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
Do a search for superramjet s build , we did one a few years back from scratch. Tons of picture, he ran a 62t platform and a E platform,, great boat tons of fun

StandupWI

Sinking with the bilge on
how do you like the yamaha in there? whats the motor ? i got a 771 or a 830 im going to put in this one.

I absolutly love it! Right now I have a stock 760 with b-pipe, 38's, msd, #zero lightened flywheel, and ADA head. This thing is awesome. The hull also has a waterdawg handlepole and the solas pump is pretty awesome. I am pretty much the only person I ride with that mods their ski, let alone built a ski not for racing so I think this thing pulls hard, but I would think yours should rip pretty good. The best part about the Yamaha motor is once that's done there really isn't a problem finding parts so that's the biggest plus.

IMG00111.jpgIMG00112.jpgya i here that. i have a ton of yamaha stuff. going to sell the polaris motor once im done. all yamaha .. next is the x2 yamaha in that one next. thinking rrp pole or cut the umi down 4 inches. hood strap , front foothold,tubbies , oneway valve and im done.

Last edited:
nope it runs it was sunk but it does run. i am going to pull it apart to see what is rusty . motor and ele are going. all the ele are in a kaw xi box now so there water tight.

Last edited:
going to start with the stock one. my last octane i only used to cc race with it so handling was it. this one i could care less it just has to ride good in the surf. thinking no foam in the rear as it will leak no matter how much ya seal it up. hood straps and if it roles over hoping i can swim fast. lol or just foam in the top half of the rear of the ski. i will do a sink test with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom