Yamaha Superjet in canada?

ryan*9

King Of the Hill.
I have looked at many sites but cant find anything...?
do they even sell them here??

sorry but i dont know anything about this but if not where would i order from the states?

Where abouts in canada? I'm in Red Deer and ended up getting one from a dealer in washington. Find a good shipping company and a good dealer that will help out and really make sure all the paper work is in order, otherwise it is a headache. For shipping I recomend ABF, I talked to the guys in the Edmonton office and got a shipping qoute and got it faxed to me, and I'm glad I did. When I actually went to pick the ski up, the shipping just about doubled! I showed them the qoute and they had no problem honouring it. Plus they really helped with all the inspection crap.

I do know that buying new is alot easier then used. Their is alot more hassle with getting a used one across the border and you have to get a really good seller that will jump through some hoops to help you. The border service can be a real pain in the ass.

Also have fun getting parts in canada, you walk into any yamaha dealer and ask them about superjets and you get a really funny look.

ryan*9

King Of the Hill.
Where abouts in canada? I'm in Red Deer and ended up getting one from a dealer in washington. Find a good shipping company and a good dealer that will help out and really make sure all the paper work is in order, otherwise it is a headache. For shipping I recomend ABF, I talked to the guys in the Edmonton office and got a shipping qoute and got it faxed to me, and I'm glad I did. When I actually went to pick the ski up, the shipping just about doubled! I showed them the qoute and they had no problem honouring it. Plus they really helped with all the inspection crap.

I do know that buying new is alot easier then used. Their is alot more hassle with getting a used one across the border and you have to get a really good seller that will jump through some hoops to help you. The border service can be a real pain in the ass.

Also have fun getting parts in canada, you walk into any yamaha dealer and ask them about superjets and you get a really funny look.

AH thankyou so much lol
im in calgary so looks like i can go the exact route you went=D
ya ill worry about that when i break somethingXD i dont care i just want a yami

Go flames :stups:

No problem getting any parts from dealers here in Winnipeg. What year are you looking for? If you look in the Buy & Sell or Autotrader there is always a dealer in Vancouver selling one. I have one that is really modified that I don't use. I am thinking of selling it.

ryan*9

King Of the Hill.
No problem getting any parts from dealers here in Winnipeg. What year are you looking for? If you look in the Buy & Sell or Autotrader there is always a dealer in Vancouver selling one. I have one that is really modified that I don't use. I am thinking of selling it.

im looking for a stock 08... something new like you said...
my reason for stock is im a new rider for standups and dont know if im at all ready for a crazyer one.

If you hang around here long enough you won't leave it stock for long.

If I were you I would fly to an area in the USA where the economy is not doing that well and buy a new SJ and a Diesel truck. Sell the truck to someone who works on the oil patch and you will have half of your SJ paid for.

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
Buy a used one, there is no need to pay 08 prices when your new to the sport.

I drove to MI to get a clean 02 RN, stock was $3000.

Buy one off this site at some point and a good seller will ship it to you. You'll have to pay duty and tax, but its no big deal.

RN's last a couple days when listed in Canada for sale, I gave up after a couple months and got one cheaper in the states anyways.

Parts, OEM Yami is no problem but only go to the dealer for gaskets, and small miscellaneon pieces.

If you want a pipe or aftermarket parts, get them shipped to you USPS, cheapest way and you don't get boned with duty or gst nearly as bad.

Here are some recent pictures of mine. It's a little dusty and the engine compartment is covered with storage spray.

Attachments

• Superjet 001.jpg
    Superjet 001.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Superjet 002.jpg
    Superjet 002.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Superjet 004.jpg
    Superjet 004.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Superjet 005.jpg
    Superjet 005.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 102
  • Superjet 007.jpg
    Superjet 007.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 109
It's a 4mm stroker with 84mm pistons. It has Northwest sleeves so you can go up to 86.5mm. There is only about six hours on the engine. I should put together a list of the new parts on it one day. I would like to think it's worth $6,000.00, but I don't know if I would even sell it for that. I am losing interest in it, but I don't need to sell it.

It's a 4mm stroker with 84mm pistons. It has Northwest sleeves so you can go up to 86.5mm. There is only about six hours on the engine. I should put together a list of the new parts on it one day. I would like to think it's worth $6,000.00, but I don't know if I would even sell it for that. I am losing interest in it, but I don't need to sell it.

thats a pretty fair price especially for up here...if I where him I would seriously consider it.

Previous post is correct; Yamaha Canada has not imported new SJ's into Canada for @ 10 yrs now. The only way to get one is to import one yourself from the US, or to buy a used one. I have come across a few SN SJ's in western Canada every now and then; RN ones are harder to come by. I just purchased a brand new SXR800 and have not decided if I want to sell my limited 02 RN (Vancouver).

I am in halifax and got my square from a guy here who had three. It is easy to pick one up in the states and bring it across the border (i got my zxi 1100 in buffalo). Just look up the process and have the docs needed (like recall info, safety info). Trailers can be alot more of a pain (have to get safety checks and registrations, pay a ~$175 import fee). Declare it as parts or repair, and pay the gst. There is no import tax on things without wheels (skidoos+skis) just tax on the sales recipt.

As for parts they are easy to get, dealer, ebay, forums. It is service that can be difficult (there is no one that can work on my zxi electronics, yamaha techs dont see many sj's) But superjets are realitively simple to work on, and the guys online have done everything with them and are a very helfull bunch. If I was you I would drive down to the states and pick one up for 1500-2500. As a newbie a high compression stroker motor may be more than you want to start. Anywhere across the border you could easily get a square with a 701/head/pipe/prop for under $3000, and would have a better than stock boat for 1/3 the price of a new o8 sj

ryan*9

King Of the Hill.
ya i still want a new one jsut so i can get familiar with them and build it up myself. someday maybe i might even get a job working on stuff like this.

so anyways
very soon i get to order mine=DDD

ryan*9

King Of the Hill.
i was thinking should i try and get footholds install right away?
what places would do this for me?

Top Bottom