Zach Waddle and girlfriend killed

I dont know them very weel but i was at the bbp on friday and met them for the first time and they seemed like unbelievable people and my prayers are with their son and family and anyone who was close with these amazing people.

Matt you are a hero for even trying!! you tried and you tried, to me that is a hero no matter the out come. my prayers are with you and your family through this hard time!

my prayers are with their son,family and friends,
Zach, we'll miss you and we'll never forget the time we spend together...

Thomas & Michael, Germany

Attachments

• Zach.jpg
    Zach.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 191
Zach & Libby

I just returned from the ride, and have been reading the post's concerning the tragedy and terrible events that cheated a young family out of a life. I personally feel saddened, and the events have left a hollow feeling inside... Zach was a great guy and everybodys friend, I couldn't have asked for a better person to be associated with!!

Their death has affected many people, and many of us will possibly make some changes in our own personal lives based upon what happened. I would like to personally commend Matt E for his attempts to assist with saving a life, even before he realized it involved somebody close to our jet ski community! Most of us at the beach really wanted to go home, but realized that everybody should ride and hang with friends in Zach and Libby's honor. I would like to thank the people that stayed for participating when our hearts were really somewhere else, and I fully understand why some chose to deal with things privately at home.

I can't really say anything that will help, but I can proudly say "I was a friend of Zach Waddle....

Sincerely,
Randy Jungwirth

Last edited:
For those who were in attendance...

Hello everyone,
I just did an interview with this reporter on the freedride community, she is on deadline and wants to write a story that tells about the spirit and character of both Libby and Zac...if you feel up to it, could you please call her asap? I think a lovely tribute to both of them is a beautiful thing to share with othes..if you were present at the event and were a personal friend of either of them and feel so moved, please call Lori.
Respectively,

Shawn Alladio

I am a reporter with The Oregonian trying to reach Shawn A. Could you please give me a call at any of the numbers below. I wrote the first story about the tragedy Saturday morning and am trying to do a follow up to tell people who the victims were. Any help would be hugely appreciated. Lori

Lori Tobias
Staff Writer
The Oregonian
office: 541/265-9394

TB

NOTHING IS EVER PROMISED
i read this thread this morining, and that is all i am thinking about, is their going to be a paypal address set up, so we can help the child

there already is...i had justin switch the fundraiser account that he got going to help me with my medical bills and recovery to go to zach and libby's son....i didnt know zach at all but taking care of thier son and helping to make sure he has a future is more important to me.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Keep in mind that blood tests are not in yet that actually confirm the driver was drunk.
The current word that he had been drinking is based on the word of the passenger whom himself gave conflicting information (to me and other responders).
The driver did apparently have a history of reckless driving and I ave very little doubt that he most likely was drinking.
But....that isn't official yet.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Keep in mind that blood tests are not in yet that actually confirm the driver was drunk.
The current word that he had been drinking is based on the word of the passenger whom himself gave conflicting information (to me and other responders).
The driver did apparently have a history of reckless driving and I ave very little doubt that he most likely was drinking.
But....that isn't official yet.
Matt, I heard the same thing to talking with Tim G., they (locals and family) are saying the driver wasn't intoxicated, I'm sure the facts will come out.

Last edited:

Chris_Riley

SkiSurfing
This sucks.
I have footage of him from my freerides if something is being put together. I'm certain Barry does too. He's on skisurfing DVD's. Drop-in machine out there in the surf.
Don't have much more to say that everyone hasn't already said.
This just sucks.
They are missed.

guiness92

▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
Wow this is truly horrible to here about. I dont know any of the people involved but my heart goes out to the friends and family of them. The picture of him holding his son on his ski is one of the saddest things I've seen in a long time. Sitting here at my computer, looking at my daughter in her crib sleeping, makes me very thankful for what I have and how fragile life really is. I hope the little boy has a good home he can go to, because I'm sure he is devistated about the loss of his family. Even though he is only a year old, he will miss his parents very much.

And as for you Matt, you are a true hero and inspiration to everyone. Not just anyone would do what you did. It takes a special kind of individual to put their own lives at risk without hesitation to dive into a situation like that to help someone that you may not have even known.

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
This sucks.
I have footage of him from my freerides if something is being put together. I'm certain Barry does too. He's on skisurfing DVD's. Drop-in machine out there in the surf.
Don't have much more to say that everyone hasn't already said.
This just sucks.
They are missed.
Check your PMs and we can begin the search for video of Zach.

Top Bottom