Zeel or Msd enhancer

Torn between a zeel cdi or Msd enhancer for my ski. Ski had MSD TL which I have removed. I will be using 62t electronics with a jetinetics wheel and oem stator. Dasa 1200 5 port. 225ish psi. SE50 carbs, PFP pipe.

Which cdi do you recommend and why. Thanks

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Hands down zeel on that setup. You'll be leaving a lot on the table with the enhancer. Not to mention zeel is safer due to being able to pull back timing.

I personally like the Zeel because of the adjustability of the curve. It's easy to load up a curve someone made for your specific setup (or punch in the number yourself if you know what you're doing.) You can also test spark via the computer program while connected. I personally run the 760 AO2T to have the option of having a TL or charging system by just swapping the flywheel.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

A lot of rickters with 1200s on enhancers out there. I'd say the zeel would be better but it's hard to ignore the fact that a lot of 1200 dasas on enhancers are out there

His compression is too high for a stock cdi or an enhancer. The carb tune needs to be rich and the ignition timing needs to pull back or else he will trash his engine, just like most other riders do.

His compression is too high for a stock cdi or an enhancer. The carb tune needs to be rich and the ignition timing needs to pull back or else he will trash his engine, just like most other riders do.
Timing is key for sure. Ran 1 gal of 110 with 4 gallons 93 last season. 160 gallons or so. No issues but it was A mild timing curve. I will likely be running 50/50 this season.

Leaning towards zeel right now. I like being able to have a milder cure option. If I go zeel I will likely do a switch and have 2 tunes available

Keep the recommendations coming

I'm no expert, but I was told by someone who knows much more than me that even though you can install a switch, going from curve to curve also usually requires some further tuning every time you switch. Someone with more knowledge can probably confirm or deny this...

That would depend on how much the timing was changed and more importantly the pump load. If the engine is loaded lightly then less high rpm timing wont hurt as much. If the pump was optimized for a high octane tune it would act overloaded when compression/timing is lowered. If it hits the pipe fast, rpm should peak over the top of the power curve. This is good since the carb mixture will be going rich. This is why its generally impossible to tune an overloaded engine.

High Speed Industries

Your one stop shop for quality parts @highspeedind
A lot of rickters with 1200s on enhancers out there. I'd say the zeel would be better but it's hard to ignore the fact that a lot of 1200 dasas on enhancers are out there

They are doing that for a reason.

I’ve run them back to back and I liked the enhancer better.

With that being said I’m sure somebody using zeel will quote me and say I didn’t set it up right.

So I’d look around and see who’s getting the most amplitude / performance out there. It’s hard to argue with results.

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have been doing a lot of work with the Zeel Y62T on the big 1200. I agree the Enhancer is a proven performer.
Not to contradict Joey, but to a degree, setup and map does come into play. As well as mutiple other tuning factors in ultimate setup.
the ignition is just a piece of the puzzle to how it all runs. Every tuner has his recipe for success.
At the 2023 World finals Pro Division, Willems, Wright, and Ziegler all were running Zeel Y62T CDI on charging systems.
I honestly dont know if there was an Enhancer in the mix? Joey, can you clarify?

P

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
They are doing that for a reason.

I’ve run them back to back and I liked the enhancer better.

With that being said I’m sure somebody using zeel will quote me and say I didn’t set it up right.

So I’d look around and see who’s getting the most amplitude / performance out there. It’s hard to argue with results.
You can fill the outside of a barn with what I dont know. But if you can set a zeel to match a TL timing curve, have hotter spark, and run a lightened flywheel with no magnets. Wouldn't that be leaps and bounds better than an Enhancer? As far as reliability it seems to be hit or miss on both the msd and the zeel.

You can fill the outside of a barn with what I dont know. But if you can set a zeel to match a TL timing curve, have hotter spark, and run a lightened flywheel with no magnets. Wouldn't that be leaps and bounds better than an Enhancer? As far as reliability it seems to be hit or miss on both the msd and the zeel.

I was just about to say basically the same thing. If you could program a Zeel to the same timing curve as the Enhancer, AND anywhere in between, wouldn’t that make the Enhancer obsolete?

I was just about to say basically the same thing. If you could program a Zeel to the same timing curve as the Enhancer, AND anywhere in between, wouldn’t that make the Enhancer obsolete?
Once of my concerns with zeel is I’ve heard many stories where the cdi didn’t last long or had issues. That being said it don’t know what moldes or ara of the unit. Also can’t say that it was or wasn’t install issues or what causes it. Just things I’ve heard

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
Once of my concerns with zeel is I’ve heard many stories where the cdi didn’t last long or had issues. That being said it don’t know what moldes or ara of the unit. Also can’t say that it was or wasn’t install issues or what causes it. Just things I’ve heard

In full disclosure, especially since I sell a lot of them. Yes, there has been issues.
I work directly with Borut / Zeel to work thru them and make a better product.
The two main issues has been water intrusion and Voltage spikes caused by batteries and Rectifiers.
With the water related issues, better housings, connectors and potting materials have been incorporated. But a lot of that also goes back to the installation. You have to do your part when installing. The voltage spikes are a nature of our craft. Zeel has upgraded hardware to make the cdi withstand the spikes better. Lastly, Zeel offers a Two year warranty that covers most everything But water related issues on the Y62T. So do your part and you have a pretty solid ignition

Top Bottom