03 RN Re-Build

So would it be best for me to glass over the stock hole then put the hole in when I get the x-metal, or will the x line up with stock?

thanks!

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
here are some pics from the work i did last weekend.

Attachments

• done (2).jpg
    done (2).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 172
  • done (7).jpg
    done (7).jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 170
  • done (8).jpg
    done (8).jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 204
  • done (11).jpg
    done (11).jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 265
  • done.jpg
    done.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 178
  • done (12).jpg
    done (12).jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 186
  • done (13).jpg
    done (13).jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 170
  • done (17).jpg
    done (17).jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 152
  • done (18).jpg
    done (18).jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 163
  • done (20).jpg
    done (20).jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 189

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
I used the breather tubes out of a raider. They are angles and contoured to the hood liner nicely, but weren't tall enough for inside the hood to prevent water intrusion. So I used some of the 2 inch pvc i had leftover from my drain valve and pressed(read: big hammered) it into the raider breather mounts. It worked quite well. The tubes were cut to length once i tried the hood on too, they are very long in the pics above. Had some underpad leftover so I did the chinpad as well.

Attachments

• done (21).jpg
    done (21).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 108
  • done (6).jpg
    done (6).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 111
  • done (15).jpg
    done (15).jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 116
  • done (22).jpg
    done (22).jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 124
  • done (20).jpg
    done (20).jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 110

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
the quality and construction is very nice. It's also lighter than my WDK hood and cost me the same.

I have not ridden with it yet but it seems to be pretty stout.

wow man............the ski is looking great. love the way its looking right now. itching to ride man. anything else on your list to do with the ski for the season or your just about done for now

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Just a new hood seal, Reggie letters, IDK maybe graphics later on in the season if I think of something I like.

Maybe I need a big bore so It will make me ride better bwahahahahahaha.

here are some pics for mkivbren

Attachments

• straps.jpg
    straps.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 190
  • straps (2).jpg
    straps (2).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 195

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Took some pics at the ramp today. I figured this is the last day it will look this nice. It's all downhill from here.

That bored nozzle made a helluva difference for me. The ski has the snap i've always been looking for. Don't know why I didn't do that mod earlier. Maybe it had a little to do with removing some weight from the tray too though, but I can't be sure.

Numbers are temporary. Check out my 3 though.

Attachments

• done ramp.jpg
    done ramp.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 213
  • done ramp (2).jpg
    done ramp (2).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 231

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Big difference in the ski from last year. I can really feel the lost weight in the flatwater. Don't notice it much in the surf, but rolls seem a bit easier to chuck around. Just busted a throttle cable and need to replace before this weekend though. Maybe I'll get some video up after this weekend.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
woohoo. The ski gets a new powerplant... going to the garage to keep going. Maybe I can get a ride or two on it before daytona.

Attachments

• 865 just built.jpg
    865 just built.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 865 just built (3).jpg
    865 just built (3).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 865 just built (2).jpg
    865 just built (2).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 143

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
aww snap... looks good. I would like to ride the RN... still gotta get the motor in there. I think i need to have my midshaft pressed back forwards. the couplers are way far apart.

Check out the bed plates. They look sick. Where did you get them from. Looks like someone hooked you up with the motor. Do you know where I could get one? Hahahahha. Looks good. We are riding next week one day. I will let you know.

Top Bottom