03 RN Re-Build

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
DSCF1020.jpgDSCF1021.jpg

Got some traction for the new motor.... Had no hookup with the old pump setup.

144mm setback Mag. 14/19 prop.

Big thanks to StevePWC for this stuff.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
yup glen.

IDK what I'm going to do for now. Motor got stripped, good parts got lubed and stored yesterday. There were only a few good ones.

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Wow bro that sucks! Ive never read your RN build thread but when I saw it said SS865 Blown Up! I had to read. Ive heard the SS865 needs frequent wristping bearing replacement, was that the cause of this catastrophe? What parts were left that were good? Can you resleeve the cylinder?

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
not much was left good. I sent the cyl to xscream. Hopefully it can be welded and re-sleeved. My buddy is fixing my cases. Sending my crank to another buddy today.

The reeds and carbs were about the only good parts left. The wrist pin bearing is what failed on it.

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Yeah I kinda figured that after reading that it's necessary to replace them frequently and seeing your connecting rod. It seems like you ride a lot but still... Look at the dates of when you got the motor and when it blew... It was a year almost to the day

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Yup. Ran it once in November when I bought it but it was basically 1 year exactly. Putting an hour meter on it when it goes back together so I can get an estimate of how many hours I do in a season.

Top Bottom