$1 Build - roundnose conversion ala mode

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
I was able to get this stuff from the Japanese mfg. It's less than HT's pricing per sheet. they are about 3ft x 2.5ft I'll keep importing it if guys want it. Right now it's smooth, but I'm trying to see if I can have it grooved. Decent color selection.

Attachments

• turfcolors.jpg
    turfcolors.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Well I called Hydroturf, and they said no way. If I didn't get it from them they won't touch it. So I'm looking into building a surface grooving rig of my own. If it works I will sell turf for sure.

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
Look into getting either a big "cuban sandwich" type press or perhaps a dry cleaning press. Then tack on any metal grid/latice you want. Instant groover.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
I'm talking about cutting grooves, not getting the stuff molded with a pattern in it. I used to be a machinist/tool builder, so I will build something if I get enough demand for turf.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
I was able to get this stuff from the Japanese mfg. It's roughly $20 a sheet. they are about 3ft x 2.5ft I'll keep importing it if guys want it. Right now it's smooth, but I'm trying to see if I can have it grooved. Decent color selection.

Not the same size as hydroturf sheets.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Ok, here is a new deck I built for SuperJETT. Now I have to get going on my own deck, and make a couple to sell. I'll deliver to Daytona.

Attachments

• hull 001.jpg
    hull 001.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 172

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
In a few days my deck for this build will be done. Originally I was going to use red carbon/kevlar. BUT I found gold tex. I love goOOld!

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 44
  • goldmember_.jpg
    goldmember_.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 12

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
pics, pics!!!

I can't wait to see your's, and mine in person if I can ever stop having stuff die---my spam firewall at work died yesterday so that's a crisis now.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
It's time to get this build back on track! I've been busy building stuff for other people, but now I can get my stuff going.

Update: square bottom has the nose cut off and bulkhead removed. Foam is mostly gone, and exhaust tube is out. Lots of sanding to get it looking good still. At least the topdecks are coming out nicely ( I'm still selling them for $550 ) and more new parts are being pumped out as time allows.

Man, I need to clean the garage in a bad way.

Attachments

• DECK1.jpg
    DECK1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 116
Top Bottom