300/440/550 1988 & 1990 Havasu pic's

I'd like to see more too! :arms:
I love the old school stuff! So many memories!!!
I have tons of old school video, but its on VHS tapes and I have no idea how to turn it into digital, or edit it.
Anyway... Thanks for sharing bro! :cheer:

Yeah those pics are great! I was wondering about that belt driven contraption myself. I would love to get my hands on a set of these cases:

http://www.x-h2o.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-7035

After thinking about the cases, Jet Ski Mechanic had a set and said they were West Coast versions for a Kawie 750. If these pics are form 1990... the 750 didn't come out until 1992! You can tell they are promoting the larger reed cages by comparing them to a set of 650's. Who knows... ???

Also what is up with this X2? It looks to have dual pipes!

http://www.x-h2o.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-7020

Great pics!

Those cases are Westcoast 650 race cases not 750. Heres a pic from an early 90's catalogue.

Would love to some more pics of that twin pipe x2 also!

Attachments

• Copy of 126_2683.jpg
    Copy of 126_2683.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 182

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
Ok....MORE! There will be a mix of years...89-90.:cheer:

Sorry about that X-2 dual pipe boat. I just managed to snap that one. Back in those days there was that "secret specs" going on under many hoods. Also in the pumps. Soon as The PJS boats came out of the water (Jeff's boat #1) a custom made cover snapped over the pump. No lookie there.

Thanks for the :biggthumpup: !!

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
After the race, Jeff's boat was quickly removed from the water. Tear down was performed somewhere else. "Secret Specs".

High tech.....Old school.

Double click on the pix....Big files.

The guy with the pink hat...I forget his name, but he has ALL the pictures from most all of the races. Another AWESOME photographer! Anyone recognize him?

Last edited:

gorilla

There's Always A Light At The End Of The Tunnel !!
you have my vote for the best pic poster of 2007.

i just found one of my gorilla boats in the last bunch of pic's.

this was the best handling ski i have ever rode in my 20+ years of riding jetski's.

thanks for the memory's.

gorilla

Attachments

• gorilla ski.jpg
    gorilla ski.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 191
I would love to get my hands on a set of these cases:

http://www.x-h2o.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-7035

After thinking about the cases, Jet Ski Mechanic had a set and said they were West Coast versions for a Kawie 750. If these pics are form 1990... the 750 didn't come out until 1992! You can tell they are promoting the larger reed cages by comparing them to a set of 650's. Who knows... ???

DB....I just bought a set of 750 WPP cases from Jetskimechanic. Came with the correct dual intake manifold too. I already have the WPP 820 Big bore cylinder,head and exhaust manifold along with a WPP 650 race pipe. All I need is that elusive WPP Twin Spark Ignition System!!

gorilla

There's Always A Light At The End Of The Tunnel !!
that last pic you posted of the gorilla boat is correct. upsidedown.

we had that on a custom watercraft painting stand at the 90 finals that can paint any side up or down.

it and another 440 was painted by dennis price of dominator custom paints out of los molinos calif.

i'll try and take a pic of both of them together off a photo with my digital camara and post it.

i drove across the mohave desert with that ski and the clear coat was still drying.

got any pic's of the bottom ???

that was a master piece !!!

i sold both ski's to a guy named peter saure at a shop called krontec in germany.
any of you euro's know him or seen them at that shop ???

gorilla

Top Bottom