Super Jet 1990 Square Build

WAB

salty nuts
Looking good, I like the pole mount area!
How are you going to place the hood hooks? Or are you just going to run the hood straps?

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Going to run Hood straps. I'd like to mount the hood hooks anyway. I have a set of RN ones on the shelf, just haven't figured out how or where to mount them just yet. Guess that will come once I get the pole here and start to mock everything up while I build the nose.

Just went out to the garage and checked on the glass. Feels Solid!!!!!! Much stronger than I expected for how much glass we layed. Lots more to come today. I'm off work and just grabbed another 2 yards of 1708. Let the itching commence! Maybe by tonight the nose will have some sort of a shape.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Okay did a little more. I'm not very good at taking pictures of builds anymore.

Reinforced the sides of the ski front and back. Finished the bracket are up. Ended up being about as thick as a stock RN pole bracket area. Hopefully stronger.

Poured some foam and did some preliminary shaping today. Also cut and sanded the hood.

The pole will be cut at the top to remove the bend. It looks a bit goofy with the bend in it.

Anyhow here are some pics for now. Maybe I will take more when I do some more.

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 388
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 445
  • photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 376
  • photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 357
  • photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 370

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
That one is already cut 3" at the base. I just used it to position the bracket for now. I will run a different one cut at the top instead. Should still be around the same length.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Got a little more done. Still lots to go. Got my drains though so I can get going on the tray now.
Nose still needs another layer of cloth. Hood still needs two layers of cloth on the outside and another layer of 17oz on the inside.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332611558.597665.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332611558.597665.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 318
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332611572.205366.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332611572.205366.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 313
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332611601.557930.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332611601.557930.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 299
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332611623.195034.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332611623.195034.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:

ThatGuy

Site Supporter
Good progress like the nose. The hood is nice and low are you still going to do the inner lip like the rickter? I have a strong running 701 that needs a home.

Heck yes looks awesome. I was worried about the weight but i figured extra 10 lbs would not matter on a hull that already weights 100+.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
I weighed that hull while it was all chopped up and it came in at 73lbs. On a bathroom scale. I will weigh it again once it's done.

Kevin I have a strong running 865 that needs a home too lol!!

For the bracket area I just kept laying a bunch of layers til it seemed like it would be strong enough. After drilling the holes for the pole bracket, it seems about as thick as a stock RN hull in the pole bracket area.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
I have to do the small end rod bearings on that motor anyhow. I figure since I'm pulling it I might as well plop it in this ski after i go over it. I'll leave the 61x/61x in the fixed steer and put the jetworks 771 in the RN once it shows up. Then I have to figure out which ski to sell lol. No sense in having three of them.

DarkWater

Down Side Up
I weighed that hull while it was all chopped up and it came in at 73lbs. On a bathroom scale.

For the bracket area I just kept laying a bunch of layers til it seemed like it would be strong enough. After drilling the holes for the pole bracket, it seems about as thick as a stock RN hull in the pole bracket area.

That was my plan too.
I found a 100 rd roll of carbon fiber on CL for less then glass prices. So that should solve my strength problems..

I cut quite a bit more away, but my hull weighed in at 69.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
I'll be happy if I'm in under 100 once its painted and ready for assembly. I can flat water roll my tank RN as it sits and it must be close to 350 rtr.

Top Bottom