Super Jet 1990 Square Build

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
My RN is a battle wagon. I gave up on it being nice. When I pancake it from 15 feet up there's no way it can be a pretty trailer queen.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
pour foam. Usually I use cabosil thickened epoxy but I figured I'd try the foam on this one. It worked well for laying the glass, I'm not sure if it will be as strong as filling with thickened epoxy though.

Gotcha.. My first build, and really like the way yours is turning out! As far as paint for the engine bay anything special? Thnx for being patient and answering questions I'm sure I will be reaching out with more as I see your build continue. :)

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Nah, can't make wavedaze.

Im waiting on my BOB adjustable footholds before I do anything else to the tray. I'll bring in the reinforcements for ideas on the tray. The guy who's ski this used to be thought up the nose shape.

Don't worry ryan I got a tow loop off a kawi 750 in stainless all ready for this thing.
The 865 and the mag pump are going in with a brand new battery. I hope I don't need to get towed other than running out of gas lol.

if he were to notch the end of the tray to match the lines of the hood, it could look cool.

I agree, sort of matrix-ish. That was the original plan.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
did another layer of 17oz inside the hood. It didn't feel strong enough to me before. Now its strong but it got heavy again. Weighed 10lbs before that layer, i assume 12-13 now. Painted that with the gray as well.

Sprayed some primer on the hood just to see where I need more major filling before I get started on the fairing and getting it prepped for paint. It still needs a lot of work to get to that stage.

Attachments

• hood primed.jpg
    hood primed.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 232
  • hood primed (2).jpg
    hood primed (2).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 215
  • hood primed (3).jpg
    hood primed (3).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 202
  • hood primed (4).jpg
    hood primed (4).jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 219

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
got a little done with the footholds today. Still need to glass the whole tray again, but the fiberglass buckets are glued to the hull and foam is poured around them. A little more sanding and grinding to get the tray shaped the way I want then more glassing. Pics should tell the story.

Left side foothold was just a mockup, I need to get the right sized burr to channel out the adjustment holes once the glasswork is complete.

We did cut a little out of the tray of the squarenose to match the foothold buckets. They are designed for a RN, so I guess we sort of shaped them like a RN tray.

Sorry for the blurry Iphone pics. Must have been dust on the lens.

Attachments

• photo (9).jpg
    photo (9).jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 222
  • photo (10).jpg
    photo (10).jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 213
  • photo (15).jpg
    photo (15).jpg
    55 KB · Views: 205
  • photo (16).jpg
    photo (16).jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 230
  • photo (17).jpg
    photo (17).jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 248

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
2lb 2 part foam. Got it from a local fiberglass supply place.

Did some glassing today and got the tray all laid up. Pics next to a stock SN tray with REV's with enclosures. This tray is much wider and about 1 inch lower.

The shiny stuff in the pics is saran wrap. Poor mans vacuum bag lol. Helps keep the edges where I wrapped turf over the gunwale nice and smooth.

I ripped the rear bondline off my fixed steer the other day so I did a quick patch up job with kitty hair and cabosil so I can ride it tomorrow. Hope it stays on.

Attachments

• wide tray.jpg
    wide tray.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 272
  • wide tray (2).jpg
    wide tray (2).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Top Bottom