2 STROKE VS> 4 STROKE OPINIONS WANTED!!!

Schmidty721

someone turf my rails
I do hunt both places, although I try to avoid the masses of hunters. Usually weekday only at either of those spots.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I have the OP on ignore so I don't even see his posts anymore. He seems to have a good understanding of engines but he needs to learn some humility and some awareness of how he comes across. He may be a superstar around 10th graders but he needs to understand the arena he's barking in here.

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
as far as jet skis are concerned, 4 stroke technology is not nearly as good as it needs to be yet for me to drop in a four stroke rather than a two stroke. in the dirtbike world, for motorcross id go with a two stroke anyday, lighter, far better response and power to weight ratio, typically a higher static compression ratio, its sad though, two strokes pollute too much cause the oil they burn, lets not say 4 strokes are environmentally friendly either. Its all the EPAs fault that kawasaki stopped making the 2 stroke SXR, they gave kawasaki alot of crap for all the pollution it causes. same with yamaha, they dont make alot of superjets any more.
You ever compared lap times from 2 stroke to 4 stroke? Pros can race 2 stroke or 4 stroke. What do they ride? I never raced, but I have ridden them. If you want to talk about dirt bikes, 4 strokes destroy 2 strokes. Hell even the freestyle guys are going to 4 strokes. The power is ALWAYS there. It's not about trying to hit a power and so you can clear a triple. My old boss said racing 450's was cheating, the bike does the work.

The four stroke basic maintenance is marginally more expensive.
4 stroke -More frequent oil changes, Valve Adjustments.
vs
2 stroke - Premix

In the long run a 450 is cheaper than a 250 2smoke. All those 2 strokes are 10+ years old now. You buy some old 2-smoke thinking your saving money by avoiding a valve job, but then you find yourself replacing all sorts of odd and ends on a bike that seriously lacks in performance.

Valve adjustments are essentially free if you do them yourself.
All the 250fs are prone to have valve issues because you have to rev the piss out of them to get anywhere fast.
Ive been on Honda 450s for the last 10 years and have only had to replace valves once. Those machines are rock solid.
Yamaha and ktm make brand new 2 strokes still. And trust me the ktm is much better than the 2 strokes were back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the OP on ignore so I don't even see his posts anymore. He seems to have a good understanding of engines but he needs to learn some humility and some awareness of how he comes across. He may be a superstar around 10th graders but he needs to understand the arena he's barking in here.
I was wondering who this OP person was lol. I don't really care if you ignore my comments man. im still a nub and not familiar with the terms on this forum. And youd be surprised.

I wish I had pics of every single build ive done, jet skis, quads, dirt bikes, go karts, motorcycles, but I don't. And stop segregating me for my age, its obvious my knowledge of this stuff is up to par with most of the people on this forum. my age just gives me less experience, in no way less knowledge of the matter though.

If your smart enough, age does not limit you. That's what all you "masters" need to get through your head. Like you've never been on this forum and asked for help? Like you've never made a mistake on a build? Like you've always done everything right and/ or perfect? yeh, I don't think so guys, I don't think so.

Top Bottom