Super Jet 2013 superjet

Be lucky you got one. Where im from they are really hard to get. Hell the dealerships i called never even heard of a superjet, and when i say stand up they say "oh they stopped making them." then i get to correct them, its a bunch of :bs2:in the midwest.

btw i'd keep it stock at first and learn to ride it. then change out parts as you progress. bone stock is plenty fun, and reliable too!

2008 and up superjets steering cable setup is so horrible, they handle like crap, almost as bad as an octane. They are not fun to ride at all, unless you enjoy riding something that turns like a school buss. Modding the steering cable/geometry is a must! the rest of the ski is acceptable in stock form.

Last edited:
Still havent heard anything from my dealer. Gettin antsy! Ive been riding the 550 lately since its been nice out. Still need the wetsuit though as the water is right around 55 degrees here. Really hoping mine comes in soon so I can atleast break it in an get a couple rides on it before it gets to cold. First thing my dealer said when we talked was that he wasnt knocking the price off any due to the fact that they are in high demand and he knows he can sell it if I dont want to pay. So it looks like its the 8199 MSRP price for me plus tax/title/ect. :( Still worth it to me!
That is essentially what I was told too. I called quite a few dealers and was pretty much told the same.

That is essentially what I was told too. I called quite a few dealers and was pretty much told the same.

Yea my guess is that unless you have some connections with a dealer or know them pretty good then your probably gonna pay full price unless you just get lucky of course. What hurts me is that my dealer is the only dealer in area in any direction so hes got a big market and pretty much the only option unless you want to start getting into a decent drive or day trip to get one.

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
went to the dealer i used to wrench at, 2013 just arrived this morning. didnt even think to snap any pictures. I can swing by tomorrow and get some pics if anyone is interested. sry for the tease lol

went to the dealer i used to wrench at, 2013 just arrived this morning. didnt even think to snap any pictures. I can swing by tomorrow and get some pics if anyone is interested. sry for the tease lol
Man your killing me I have been dieing to get mine I call my dealer about once a week. I would like to see some pics if you don't mind. I know super jets usually keep the same design for 2 years but was there any changes at all from 2012

2008 and up superjets steering cable setup is so horrible, they handle like crap, almost as bad as an octane. They are not fun to ride at all, unless you enjoy riding something that turns like a school buss. Modding the steering cable/geometry is a must! the rest of the ski is acceptable in stock form.

yes i have to second that! my question is how do i go about changing my steering? i saw someone put up a pre 08 steering cable and an xmetal adjustable steerng setup? do i have to put on the xmetal stuff or will just an pre 08 steering cable do the trick?

yes i have to second that! my question is how do i go about changing my steering? i saw someone put up a pre 08 steering cable and an xmetal adjustable steerng setup? do i have to put on the xmetal stuff or will just an pre 08 steering cable do the trick?
Schmity on here sells a new cable and bracket to bolt on the 2008+ pole it gives it more throw 150 plus shipping

My local dealer here in Arizona had two in stock as of Tuesday, told him I wanted to buy one, unfortunately they were both already spoken for, one is going up to Lake Powell to live on a Yacht, and the other is going to his Nephew in California, he is trying to get me one as we speak.

ProSouth

bcrow, i will get some for you asap. I got busy with my side job this weekend and couldnt make it out to see it again to take pics.

bcrow, i will get some for you asap. I got busy with my side job this weekend and couldnt make it out to see it again to take pics.
Thanks whenever you get a chance I would love to see a pic I'm waiting for my dealer to call me with good news but I'm still anxiously waiting

It really makes me happy to see Yamaha still having the balls to sell these new. Its a drag Kawi quit. I hear no two strokes at all on Lake Mead after new years. Unless of course its a boat.

ProSouth

AHHHHHH!!!! sorry BCROW, they sold it last sat. i went in monday to snap some shots for you, i havent been on here much this week because im depressed about the stupid decision my lovely country made this week. sry man. but they ordered another. if they get another il def. get some pics up if you havent gotten yours.

AHHHHHH!!!! sorry BCROW, they sold it last sat. i went in monday to snap some shots for you, i havent been on here much this week because im depressed about the stupid decision my lovely country made this week. sry man. but they ordered another. if they get another il def. get some pics up if you havent gotten yours.
That's ok hopefully mine will be in any week now I can't wait to see them even tho there is no change between the 2012

Just got off the phone with the dealer and he said he should have it in the warehouse this Friday.

He said they ordered 20 anticipating this might be the last year, and they are only getting one per store. Not sure how true that is, but don't see why the guy would lie to me considering I already put a deposit down, so it's not like he was trying to make a sale.

Just got off the phone with the dealer and he said he should have it in the warehouse this Friday.

He said they ordered 20 anticipating this might be the last year, and they are only getting one per store. Not sure how true that is, but don't see why the guy would lie to me considering I already put a deposit down, so it's not like he was trying to make a sale.
yes my dealer ordered 6 and was suppose to get three and his yamaha rep called him and tried to cancel his order but since i had a deposit he was able to get one. but i guess yamaha promised more then they manufactured so they had to cancle dealers orders

Talk to the dealer yesterday my SJ is in. Just got go pick her up and finish paying for it.
Man looks like im gonna be the last to get mine up in ohio lol. Its not like i can ride it but i have a spot all cleaned up in the garage waiting to tear it down and put some parts on it. I got money thats burning a hole in my pocket

Top Bottom