2014 SJ

First the carb adjusters were installed wrong and now the "low hours Pistons" blew up... Go figure

Chalk it up as junk IMO

Lesson learned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After talking to a lot of knowledgable people...they all say the verdict is...

The piston skirt broke off because of too much piston clearance when it was rebuilt. Skirts don't break from improper fuel or jetting

Had some people over yesterday to ride and check out the carnage. One of them noticed the rear piston was cracking in the skirts on both sides in the same place. Thing was definitely put together wrong by the guy I bought it from. Way too much piston clearance and it had to be smacking against the cylinder walls . This thing is a total loss

5eb3aa417ee1914b659013e4e72da828.jpg
12da677eb48f2f404160aec78d2e77a0.jpg

3/4 mounts are broken haha. This weekend is just straight carnage. Luckily these have a lifetime warranty

Nope and don't plan too. Already sent me a bunk starter originally, then messed up carbs( he did reimburse me for new ones) but now this clearly proves an issue when the motor was put together. I'm finished with it and him

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I understand being pissed, but I would highly recommend you talk to the seller again instead of bashing. See what he'll do for you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I never bashed him about the faulty starter, didn't bash him about carbs being messed up. I got 8-10 tanks through it and it went. It was improper install but what is there to ask of him? Nothing. It was just put together poorly, plain and simple. No hiding in that fact.

Like I said, I'm just documenting the failure of the motor. No disrespect, but Move along if you don't want to follow posts here Rosie

Everyone has said too much piston clearance from the cylinder walls to piston. So they were smacking against the wall. Not ring gap Darryl

Top Bottom