Freestyle 2024 WDK Weapon

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I would say pipe temp isnt everything to look for the amount of water also changes the resonance of the pipe, but that I guess you already know that
So much of this is trial and error to find what works best, for sure!
The sweet spot was 170 deg, 60 main jet with my oem pump but switching to mag pump clearly changed things. Might endup different than 170, for sure.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I can't get enough of this thing. Been out six days in a row and I am beyond happy with how this thing rides. My sources said it would recover much better than the rip, feel more buoyant and spin much better and that all has proved to be true. I've been struggling hard with setup wake spins because this thing wants to over rotate so easily. It'll idle 360 no problem.
The rip rotated flips a little easier but that's no surprise, its 5 inches shorter. I have to tug on the bars a little more with this one. I get way more height than my rip though.
It does not ride nose high and is much more comfortable to cruise on. Also, if you do a truck and wind up in a tail stand, it's possible to lean forward and ride out of it. Way harder to do that with the rip, but I also had a 5 deg nozzle on the rip which was rough. The 5deg upsweep feels real good on the weapon.
Overall I'm satisfied with my purchase and I think it's a great riding hull. Definitely a few steps above the RIP. I loved my rip, but this thing is next level.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
@wiikstromm you're probably onto something with pipe temp. I'm sure there's a correlation of pump load to ideal pipe temperature. My ski seems to run best so far with a 60 jet in the mani, at about 120 degrees. Have tried 170, 200 and 120 feels the best so far. Haven't tried any lower. My theory is the mag pump increased my pump load and the colder pipe increased my bottom end response. I could repitch and try more pipe tuning but honestly it runs good enough for me to leave it right now.

@wiikstromm you're probably onto something with pipe temp. I'm sure there's a correlation of pump load to ideal pipe temperature. My ski seems to run best so far with a 60 jet in the mani, at about 120 degrees. Have tried 170, 200 and 120 feels the best so far. Haven't tried any lower. My theory is the mag pump increased my pump load and the colder pipe increased my bottom end response. I could repitch and try more pipe tuning but honestly it runs good enough for me to leave it right now.
The correlation is that you will not have any pipe temp without load on the engine. 360 etc combos loads engine/pump way harder then some flips, seem to run pretty good :)
I run rrp pipe now, with 100 jet in sprayer, temp a bit low but response is less if I go down to 85-90 in sprayer but temp is higher, due to the stinger of rrp pipe is huge so needs more water to keep pipe pressure up

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
The correlation is that you will not have any pipe temp without load on the engine. 360 etc combos loads engine/pump way harder then some flips, seem to run pretty good :)
I run rrp pipe now, with 100 jet in sprayer, temp a bit low but response is less if I go down to 85-90 in sprayer but temp is higher, due to the stinger of rrp pipe is huge so needs more water to keep pipe pressure up
Honestly man I don't know what to think. Zack says to shoot for 170 deg on the chamber temp like it's a one size fits all tune. But judging by my height, I don't think I should expect any more out of a pump gas 900. So might just stick to my 120deg. Also interesting, 9/15 actual measurement is the recommended prop. Mine measures 10/15.
Honestly it feels good enough that I think I'm just gonna leave it alone. Currently the ski isnt holding me back, rider ability is.

Pipe temp isnt everything, the amount of water also changes the resonance of the pipe as I mentioned earlier.
With that said im not much of a rider myself but Im interested in how stuff works.
So what I have done now to my ski is i using some middle in jet for sprayer in pipe so I dont get that much effected by different water temps it runs way beyond my limits anyways.
Same thing with my carbs, if it just extreme difference in ambient temp i might have to go down a size or so in pilot but most of the time it just rips no tuning needed

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Plug your manifold and let that pipe eat. I've never seen a pro pfp ski that was injected. My pump gas, stock stroke 900 with a 144 pump in a 2013 backie chan would combo easily.
Yeah sometime I'll try it. But for now I'm just probably gonna rip it the rest of the season as is. Truthfully I'm happy with the power as it sits. You don't see comp boats with wet pfps, but I've seen wet 898s do a dozen combos though.
But maybe i uhhh just can't leave well enough alone and need to try it asap if my chamber isn't cracked.
@hornedogg79 I'm guessing if you switch to dry you typically endup needing to repitch a bit lower to get it rev quick enough into it's sweet spot?

Last edited:
Yeah sometime I'll try it. But for now I'm just probably gonna rip it the rest of the season as is. Truthfully I'm happy with the power as it sits. You don't see comp boats with wet pfps, but I've seen wet 898s do a dozen combos though.
But maybe i uhhh just can't leave well enough alone and need to try it asap if my chamber isn't cracked.
@hornedogg79 I'm guessing if you switch to dry you typically endup needing to repitch a bit lower to get it rev quick enough into it's sweet spot?
Dont be afraid to repitch it by yourself a little its not rocket science, just angles and degrees, i just made a jig by an old cut off shaft in my wice and bend with adjustble wrench, no biggie

hornedogg79

dodgin' bass boats
I had spacers behind the impeller, a larger volume /bored nozzle, and no scoop on my intake grate. Loose as I could get it. Pitch was on the higher side of 144 pumps, 14/19 . It was more of a "WaahhPOOW!" than a "BRAAAP!"

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Don't judge the gauge, it's always been spot on accurate!
235 psi, 46 thou squish. Time to try some race gas! Pump is 7 mins from my house!
20240907_134818.jpg20240907_165546.jpg

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Picture this... You create the perfect setup wake. You pop the nose up to ride up the wave.. But you forget to pull trim and you're too late to pull it..
Do you go for a 360 instead of a flip? Do you blow through the wave and trash it? Or do you just send it straight up and commit?
I did the latter, and I literally had time in the air to think about what the hell to do. Yanked the bars back super hard and I landed a plate to plate no trim flip.
Will get footage of no trim flips. Having lots of fun! Trying a new curve that brings timing in a bit sooner so we'll see how that goes. Also will be trying Vp113 oxy and see how that runs VS renegade non oxy.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
FINALLY getting the hang of combos. I have a lot I still need to change but I'm getting three around. I choke after the third and stop, I did the same when going for three for a while haha. Having lots of fun!

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Went from 190-235 psi and didn't notice much of a difference, using renegade 110 pro+
Switched to Vp113 oxy and WOW, what a difference! Up to four flips, and I tried a 360 to flip and landed it too. Running pretty well!! 20241005_145113.jpg

Top Bottom