New 3/5 Gallon Tanks for TNT, RRP, PFP & B-pipe

R35P3CT

Let's play Wave Race
What has everyone been using for straps to hold the tank down? looking to get some before my hull arrives, but am unsure on length needed.

I just ordered one of these amazingly beautiful tanks. Super fast shipper, and he quickly answered all of my questions(which was a lot!).

QUESTION to anyone who has experience.... Has anyone here put one in a Rickter(especially an FS2 Evo), with a PFP pipe? From my calculations, it looks like i'm going to have to remove the fiberglass post for the fuel tank hold down, directly in front of the flywheel cover, but a few inches to the port side of the hull. Am I correct in this assumption? And if this is true, I assume i'll be using a jet maniac UFO in it's place?

I think if i was running a b-pipe, it would fit ever so delightfully with plenty of room between the flywheel cover and itself... Just another guess though...

Thanks for any input in advance!

Yeah. I had to with another aluminum tank. Imagine this would be the same scenario. Used a handsaw really fine tooth flexible blade and did it by hand... Then sanded it to a smoother finish.

Just cut the nub off don't mess with the reinforced patch, because later if you sell hull or something someone can just glue a UFO there

Mine is a xfr

I ordered the 3.3gallon. What size did you have? Nathan gave me measurements for the smaller tank now, and with new calculations, I think i should be ok.... I'll keep everyone posted tomorrow if I get my tank....

Very nice engine compartment! I never saw biker dave's stuff... Nathan is awesome though...

I hope the i'm hiping the limited Slip one slips in without cutting anything. If i have to cut and glue, no biggy, i already have the stuff in stock...

I really wish i would have bought this tank 2 years ago when i bought the cold fusion tank. This is one of the most innovative products on the market....

1477171371683-1649319051.jpg 1477171458899-1565476300.jpg
In a rickter fs2 evo with an ET 967 and power factor pipe. 3.3gal tank. Perfect fit. Needed 2 ufo strap hook bases, and had to cut front strap hook post out, to get it to fit without rubbing. Well worth it! Excellent seller! Love the stops too! I case this thing over and over, and it doesn't move....

Attachments

• 1477171341432-873103447.jpg
    1477171341432-873103447.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 273
Did you end up cutting the insert out

Edit ** I can't read...Ok i did the same. Another option for people interest you can add thick foam to clear the insert because rickters are fairly roomy height wise

Well I finally got another batch of tank parts in after being on order for three weeks. My apologies to those of you on the wait list! I'll have 4.7g(battery tray), 5.3g(no battery tray), 3.3g(battery tray), and 3.8g(no battery tray) tanks in stock.

I'll also be getting in a small batch of waterbox parts for an initial production run. Been testing these in skis and on the bench for a while now with good results. I need to weld a few up first before I determine final pricing... here is a quick backflow comparison test with the first prototype vs PFP/TNT boxes. I've made several design changes since the first one so backflow prevention performance should be better now.

Last edited:
Welded up several of the new waterboxes over the weekend. Takes a lot longer than expected to tack everything together without any gaps but it's a very nice tight fit around the flap and baffle. I think I'll try to recreate the first test video with these as they are now sealed up much better. Pricing will be set at $269; if you would like one just shoot me a PM!

I think I'll make a thread for the waterboxes in the new product section but here are some pics for now...
New Waterbox.jpg Dimensioned Waterbox.jpg
20161029_141945.jpg 20161029_141858.jpg

Looks awesome..... Whats the exhaust flow out/horsepower difference? Did you test that? How would you test that? What's the decibel difference/how loud is it comparatively speaking?? Also, What's the final cost?

Excited to see the growth in the sport, especially from a non corporate business!!! True American style! = )

Looks awesome..... Whats the exhaust flow out/horsepower difference? Did you test that? How would you test that? What's the decibel difference/how loud is it comparatively speaking?? Also, What's the final cost?

Excited to see the growth in the sport, especially from a non corporate business!!! True American style! = )

Absolutely! The exhaust flow through the box is higher than the PFP but a bit more restrictive than the TNT. I've spent many, many hours in Inventor and Simulation testing designs. However, I did have to design the box to be a universal solution to be used with all lay-down style pipes, instead of tuning the box to work best with each pipe. With the TNT and PFP pipes being very popular right now, I used those waterboxes as the benchmarks and shot for something in the middle that would give good performance with both, while offering better fitment and far superior protection from water ingestion.

Sound levels are closer to the PFP box than the TNT. I actually used a Triumph Speed Triple as a test platform, with a tubing/water injection rig coming off the header and a decibel meter a set distance from the box outlets. The goal was to get a comparison between the boxes with the variables as consistent as possible.

Here is a link to the waterbox FS thread:
http://www.x-h2o.com/index.php?threads/the-scupperbox.178720/

I'm getting ready to make a small batch of 6.5 gallon tanks for the SXR 800, would anyone be interested in one? I need to make a batch of 10 for the price to be feasible. Waiting on lasercut prices but I'm shooting for the $369-389 range. It will fit with any pipe that currently fits the SXR800 with the stock tank as well as 1100s.

SXR 800 Tank Front.jpg SXR 800 Tank Back.jpg Factory Wet Pipe.jpg Nynja Chamber 1.jpg

Top Bottom