New 3/5 Gallon Tanks for TNT, RRP, PFP & B-pipe

Quick question for you guys, would anodizing the tanks be a big selling point for you salt water riders? I'd like to start but it's decent investment for a quality setup...

Quick question for you guys, would anodizing the tanks be a big selling point for you salt water riders? I'd like to start but it's decent investment for a quality setup...

Anno would look killer and would help protect the aluminum..... But I am pretty sure without a special setup the welds will be a different color.

...for me yes definitely......I got 2 rides before I could see the alu getting attacked by the salt water.....took it out and treated with tectyl.....but it's quite tarnished already... I would pay another 50 Or so for anno.......btw......you have a great product already....quality is already platinum grade !!

You should make a 3 gallon tank with battery box :)

I've had several requests for a smaller capacity tank, I could just shorten it a 3 gallon capacity to keep as many of the parts the same as possible. The problem is it wouldn't be much cheaper, as the cost of the different parts would offset the small material/weld savings. If that would be okay with you guys, I could have a few made when I place my order.

Anno would look killer and would help protect the aluminum..... But I am pretty sure without a special setup the welds will be a different color.

The welds would probably be a slightly different color, but since I use 5356 filler it should be pretty close. 4043 filler is the stuff that will look significantly different. I would probably just offer clear and black intially as I would have to have a dye tank for each color. It would look pretty close to this:
jmfab_1G-FUELCELL-00-anodized.jpg

The welds would probably be a slightly different color, but since I use 5356 filler it should be pretty close. 4043 filler is the stuff that will look significantly different. I would probably just offer clear and black intially as I would have to have a dye tank for each color. It would look pretty close to this:
View attachment 284250

I would buy one. I like having everything under the hood black.

...for me yes definitely......I got 2 rides before I could see the alu getting attacked by the salt water.....took it out and treated with tectyl.....but it's quite tarnished already... I would pay another 50 Or so for anno.......btw......you have a great product already....quality is already platinum grade !!

Unfortunately the bare aluminum will tarnish in salt water for sure, but since it is 5052, it will hold up much better than the cast aluminum used in pumps, pipes, or even parts made from 6061.

I would like to see one a bit narrower and shorter. Over all just a smaller tank. The 5 gallon tank is a tight fit seems like you have to turf everything to keep stuff from rubbing it. It fits great I just want something similar to a kart tank with a little more volume.

Top Bottom