3D Printing Jetski Parts

ErieOne

Great Lakes
Has anyone done fire extinguisher case caps? My squarenose one keeps cracking. Any used ones I find on the market eventually just crack again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys,

I just want to show you what you can do with a common 3D-Printer if you are bored and a cold winter is sitting in front of your door.
I´m using a Ultimaker 2 Extended with 2,85mm PLA Filament (many different colors available).

First I started with something simple.
Short Freestyle Pump Cone.
View attachment 306475

After it worked great for me, decided to build a Frame to get a clear view inside my E-Box.
Sealed/glued the frame with rtv silicone to the back plate of the E-Box. Frame is screwed from the Backside. The plexiglass is screwed from the front side and sealed with a o-ring, sitting in the notch of the frame.
View attachment 306476 View attachment 306477

Printed some spare parts for my Flyboard stuff
View attachment 306478 View attachment 306479

Next big project was to build my own design intake manifold for dual 49 Full Spectrums.
This design is used with the oem reed cages. I used Würth Time Serts for the threads in the manifold for not stressing the plastic threads when I adjust my carb jetting and remove the carbs a few times. It runs awesome!
View attachment 306480 View attachment 306481 View attachment 306482

A throttle drum just for the case I need one…. Anytime
View attachment 306483 View attachment 306484

Yes i would share the designs, just pm me with your mail adress and what part you want.
I´m using PLA Material, its softening temp is around 80-90°C (190°F). I would love it to design a manifold/pipe/wb but the life of this part would only be a few minutes until ist a melted block of plastic.

The big advantage of the intake manifold is the cooling air/fuel mix. The intake mani temp ist almost under the air temp in the ski.
It holds up for 60Liters now (15gal). We will see how long it will last.

Printer costs 2900€ (3300$). Material is 28€ (31$) per 800gramm.
Can’t figure out how to private message.. my email is eric.jess3@gmail.com could you send me over that pump cone design please? Thanks!!

Can’t figure out how to private message.. my email is eric.jess3@gmail.com could you send me over that pump cone design please? Thanks!!

I have a bambu carbon x1. I've printed a ton of jet ski parts. Intake and exhaust block offs. Carb block offs. Bilge outlet. Pissers. Rski nozzles. Battery trays. Pdi end caps. Vin tags. All sorts of stuff.

I use makerworld and thingiverse for pre made stuff. And solidworks personal for modifying and creating. It is quite easy yo transfer the files to slicing programs. Do a test print. And modify from there.

Anyone who likes to tinker. Should consider one. I've made countless things not just for jet skis. Awesome technology

*I use fusion personal. Not solidworks

Last edited:
Which other designs would you recommend? Do you have any hull extension designs or files? And Could you maybe email me so I have your contact info?

thanks man!

Which other designs would you recommend? Do you have any hull extension designs or files? And Could you maybe email me so I have your contact info?

thanks man!
Any designs that I have created are on thingiverse for free. If you are on facebook, join this group they have a lot of good designs there.
The pump cone is not my design. I personally wouldn't run one and take the chance of water leaking into the pump and damaging parts. If you
want a stubby cone, They are not expensive, just buy one.

3d print.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom