3D Printing Jetski Parts

The fuel plate block offs? Sure. PM me your email and I'll shoot them over when I get a chance. They require some work after printing to get them to seal really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khaos

Party in a can!
Site Supporter
PSA: After making parts for gofast boats I have learned that you need to use PETG (or PET). These materials will not break down and absorb water. They are also FUEL and OIL resistant. This means most cleaning agents will not damage the integrity. You do not need a new printer, this is just a material change. Temps and pull aways will need to be set like any other material change. Also the UV rating is not even in the same league as PLA. PETG is even better than ABS for all the things we need. The PLA may last for a few years but it will ultimately break down.

Lulzbot TAZ 5 for 4 years and it has a ton of printing hours. It was starting to get a little ratty under my watch so my brother took over the printing and he is obsessed with modifying and tuning the thing.

2lick

Brap!!!
I've never read a thing about 3D printers. I get how they work... My question is, how do you design/draw the parts? Do you have to learn CAD / Google Sketch up or something to write the print instructions?

I've never read a thing about 3D printers. I get how they work... My question is, how do you design/draw the parts? Do you have to learn CAD / Google Sketch up or something to write the print instructions?
There are many free slicing softwares that generate the gcode (print instructions), i use Cura. But you need something to import into the slicing software, so you need to find or create a model. Creo is the CAD software that i use to create parts and you can usually get a student license for free. Any CAD software will definitely take some learning if you have no CAD experience

Hey did you finish your remote control jetski?

I had it working, but it doesn't float. It would need to be about double the length to get enough flotation. I was talking to a composites guy about creating them at about 13" length using carbon fiber and foam core, but the price would've been crazy. I still have all the models if someone has the time for it.
The entire pump was 3D printed with cooling similar to a full size Superjet. There is crazy water pressure to the motor's cooling jacket.

Lmk if the link works

Top Bottom