3D Printing Jetski Parts

That is the stubbiest stubby pump cone I've ever seen. Have you tried it yourself?

I have been using it for the last couple years.

Dont ask me to compare it to anything, I put it on before ever riding my superjet.
I did print an mail a sample to someone, and asked they provide feedback. Never heard back though.

Seems to work well though. Havnt had any leaks, But i used the original o-ring, RTV and tons of grease.

I printed your pumpcone earlier in the week and I am testing it this weekend
90% Infill

sweet, let me know how it goes.

I literally bought a printer to build jetski parts for personal use.... never even thought to look on the X. Is there any way to make a file repository for all the stuff people come up with? Could be really helpful

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
I 3d print all my products before i get them made in alloy. I just dont think I would trust printed plastic for the long term. They tend to de-laminate between the layers in the long term

Im guessing most are printing with PLA for home 3d printers (as i do) but has anyone seen the affects of it absorbing water? I have only used mine for prototyping and have not done any extended use and curious how it holds up.

Im guessing most are printing with PLA for home 3d printers (as i do) but has anyone seen the affects of it absorbing water? I have only used mine for prototyping and have not done any extended use and curious how it holds up.

I'm not sure about PLA longevity, but most home printers can do ABS. I 3D print ABS tags for 3+ years now and no issues with salt water use. Also I sold motorcycle turn signals and license plate brackets 4 years ago without complaints.

My brother took over my 3D printing because he has more patience+time then me. He has upgraded the printer to perfection and only will improve longevity of the parts. The past 6 months he's creating aquarium parts for a custom aquarium builder. I'm confident that they will last.

I've printed in PLA, ABS, PETG, CF PETG, CF PLA, Nylon, and NylonX. 95% of everything I do is in PLA. I mostly make plugs for composite parts. PLA is surprisingly strong and has much better layer adhesion than ABS. Also it is not effected by strong solvents like acetone and MEKP. I also use PLA for functional parts like steering stops and cable holders on my poles, hull inserts, carb block off plates, resin infusion inlets, jigs and consumable b side mold inserts. I'm currently testing out a water manifold with self cleaning sand filtering. NylonX is even better, but is a little more difficult to print and like 3x the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom