3D Printing Jetski Parts

I understand, figured id ask. I honestly feel way out of my league when I think of 3d printing. I have so many hobbies... Im on the fence about picking up a tig welder and some vacuum bagging equipment as we speak. I already do a ton of glass work on boats and surf boards, and a bit on skis. Im thinking im going to push that horizon because I really enjoy it.
With some machines they are as simple as a regular printer. Load file and print.... replacing filaments is ez as loading a tight welder.

3 D printers could really change how we get our hands on parts in this sport. The question is whether or not people can overcome the need for billet bling on their skis and replace it with cheap and easily made parts from your garage.

Replace strong aluminum parts for cheaply made plastics parts. Where do i sign up?
Like I said..... people aren't ready for the potential that 3 d printing has for our sport.

Not looking for an argument, but do some research, this industry is advancing fast to overcome the strength and resolution issues that many people are weary of, and they are making some serious progress. There are plenty of parts out there that don't need to be billet, but have become billet due to the appetite from the market.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Replace strong aluminum parts for cheaply made plastics parts. Where do i sign up?

Yeah. The stock gas cap totally sucks. I wish I could go back to when I bought my B-pipe and get a billet gas cap instead.

They are 3d printing steel. I'm sure it wont be long and it will include aluminum too. I'm sure a 3d printed aluminum pump would be at least as good as a cast one but w/o the investment casting steps.
https://3dprintingindustry.com/news...-3d-printed-bridge-begins-in-amsterdam-60110/

This has really sparked alot of interest in our group, to be able to 3d print different pump cones on the fly for tuning would be insanely handy. I know nothing about them, lets say I wanted to spend $400 on a printer, what brand do you guys recommend?

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
This has really sparked alot of interest in our group, to be able to 3d print different pump cones on the fly for tuning would be insanely handy. I know nothing about them, lets say I wanted to spend $400 on a printer, what brand do you guys recommend?

Scraggly does good work if you want to do some prototyping.

Realize these printers are not instant. I don't think you can go to the lake and print two or 3 while you were there even if you were talented enough to draw them that fast.

Scraggly does good work if you want to do some prototyping.

Realize these printers are not instant. I don't think you can go to the lake and print two or 3 while you were there even if you were talented enough to draw them that fast.

I completely understand that lol, I didn't think they where fast but still, 3-4 days to get a different size pump cone, 1 day at most to print it? That's friggin awesome. I never was curious about these printers until I was enlightened on their potential usefulness for our sport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I completely understand that lol, I didn't think they where fast but still, 3-4 days to get a different size pump cone, 1 day at most to print it? That's friggin awesome. I never was curious about these printers until I was enlightened on their potential usefulness for our sport

Theres a 3d printer thread in the composites sub-forum you should peak at too then.

Here is a Freestyle pump cone for the Yamaha superjet I just whipped up. No guarantee its correct. I just copied the stock one and then made it shorter. Its untested how ever. No sure if its dimensions are spot on yet till I can print one up. Just thought I would share. The solidworks file is listed so anyone can edit it to their liking if they have Solidworks 2015

FreeStyle Pump Cone

for those interested looking at selling mine to invest in different tools. i have a davinci 2.0 it has served me well, i just dont pront like i used to and could use the space for future projects

Experimenting with different carbon fiber reinforced filaments. This is a steering stop post/Chinpad mount that is being used on a new prototype pole. The material is a modified polyethylene that's been impregnated with carbon strands.

576dcea6b0582c1d92d5344425204c2a.jpg

Also have some cf reinforced nylon that looks very promising.

motoman3000

ride
Site Supporter
My recently evicted tenant left this
e60d7ee81662815388636beb7c562500.jpg
2 weeks until its mine. Website says it's 3 in 1, 3D printer -cnc-laser engraver. Any good? Might just sell it

Top Bottom