650sx build by: my650sux

Damn that's awesome. I have a built 701 x2 I ride now and a 650sx hull. I want to swap everything over this winter and get on a pole ski again. Was it hard to make the pole? The factory one is a brick, I like ur setup and I could shorten if need be like the aftermarket poles.

Great work

@Wavecrasher16
I think that if I were to do it again I could do it better. I was just kinda guessing when building it, which turned into rework. The one that I made is -3 and the straight bars are -2 (I think). In order to make the pole you would have to have a plasma cutter or band saw, tig welder, grinder, end grinder with carbide cutter, some lay out tools, drill bits and an m16x1.5 tap. The tap is for the large bolt that is the pivot point for the bars. I couldn't find a stainless nut in my area so I just made one out of 3/4" aluminum. If mine works well then I will be happy to make another one for you. I think that I have around $60 in materials not counting all the money I have in tooling and the time of course. There are a lot of haters out there that would say "just go buy a square nose sj" for your 701. I just wanted to do this because I had the ski and people say you can't back flip them. Most of the parts like 701 engine just fell into my lap. I think I got the engine for $100 then spent $30 on porting templates and another $60 on a gasket kit and cylinder hone. Let me know if I can help you out with your fab work on your swap/build.

Looks good man, I've built a few hand cone pipes for my old 250r, took a lot of time. Pipes will either make power or no power, all evolves around the porting . Your welds look very good.

The pole looks like it looks good, you coulda made the stock pole feather light with pole spring helper , or they use the blowsion 750 spring but trimming is required.

First off ,the 650 with the garbage pjs stock pipe was the problem,

when you scrap 15 minute run times , make sure you have 170 psi and a factory parts performance pipe if you can hangon?

And it's a 9-17 skat

What ever that is in hooker,l wouldn't scrap your prop,id send it to impros for repitch

Last edited:
  1. You shoulda left the stock waterbox in these is hard to beat,if you wanted it louder you coulda removed a baffle to 3 for more flow too

I hope it runs good for you ,because you just sold a killer setup that was a sudco 42mm carb all you needed was the 17hp factory pipe and some compression and a lightened flywheel, the pjs pipe you have is 1-3hp thats it

Not coffman and not even worse westcoast

Last edited:
Its hard for me to tell which pipe your using but,just making a pipe with a math volume equation isnt going to work period and a stock pipe aint gonna be much better than the 650 and your only gonna have 15-25 minute run times, good welding skills

Last edited:
You shoulda put In a stock sxi pro 750 with a custom tank for clearance for the factory limited pipe,

Your gonna be lucky to be at 58hp on the 701 ,650 is 52
Sxi limited pipe 95-100hp

Last edited:
Factory piped 650 170psi light flywheel 70-80hp

Pjs had a 700cc cylinder made for the 650 bottom end and pipe to match that could produce like 130hp the pipe is much different than you have,also pulls like a freight train on a 650

Last edited:

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
@anthonystempak and his 20 replies that could be condensed into one post:

giphy.gif

@my650sux You're fab work is beautiful. Can't wait to see the rest of it. Some haters just don't understand the fact that the fab is half the fun.

Thanks guys, I started getting notifications from all the posts and was that "what the h*ll?" Come to find out it's someone telling me to go back to what I already had, don't read books do math and build things. I wanted to reply with "have you been drinking?" but decided to let it go. I'm no master of the English language but I can't even understand what you're trying to say. It's like someone is texting me about something I posted on Craigslist for sale. "U still got it? whut u take 4 it? I bet your a volunteer fire fighter and drive the fastest stock mustang they ever made. I normally don't point fingers and attack people on a personal level but you asked for it bro.

x2mafia

Maximum effort
Don't stress that kid he's a tool. Look at his profile and look at ALL of his posts lol your build is sick man keep it up!

Top Bottom