66e vs 951

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
The "Carbs in the bottom of the hull" issue needs to be solved before I would throw a 951 in a Freestyle ski.

Answer me this question,how are the carbs on a 951 lower than the carbs on a 66e,never mind I will answer it for you, even when the 66e is mounted vertically the carbs on the 951 are still higher on the engine.It is a pretty simple matter actually bend up some aluminum tubing and put the intakes anywhere you want on the 951,it would probably still breathe better than the stock setup.

Answer me this question,how are the carbs on a 951 lower than the carbs on a 66e,never mind I will answer it for you, even when the 66e is mounted vertically the carbs on the 951 are still higher on the engine.It is a pretty simple matter actually bend up some aluminum tubing and put the intakes anywhere you want on the 951,it would probably still breathe better than the stock setup.

I guess he is right. That is why everyone is doing it. Oh wait...

WFO Speedracer

I guess he is right. That is why everyone is doing it. Oh wait...

I think you are missing the point,the carbs are lower on the 66e yet this engine is being heavily touted as a freestyle engine upgrade,never mind that to get big power out of it you need lots of expensive parts,thats the point.:bigok:

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
On a 66E with the Waterdawg intake, the carbs are mounted just like on a 62T SJ.

I am with you though, all you need is some intake ducts and put the flame arrestors anywhere you want.

WFO Speedracer

On a 66E with the Waterdawg intake, the carbs are mounted just like on a 62T SJ.

I am with you though, all you need is some intake ducts and put the flame arrestors anywhere you want.

Thats my point D its comparing apples and oranges,the 66e only works in that application with specially made parts,the engine is brought to a vertical stance,special intakes special exhaust pipes,big bore cylinders etc etc.To my knowledge no one yet has made special parts to freestyle a 951 its all been racing usage,maybe its time someone did, the torque that engine has is incredible even in a big ass sitdown.

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

You do realize that the WDK exhaust cost more than a whole 951 can be had for with the stock pipe and electrics,I won't even go into what the kit to turn the 66e vertical costs or what the 66e engine + electrics costs,no wait,it dosen't matter I forgot about those money trees you guys had in your backyard ,no wait,I don't have one in my yard bummer.:Thinkingof_:

crammit442

makin' legs
Yes, you are absolutely right.
Wait...

So for all that money in an aftermarket hull, motor conversion, STEEL(not stainless) pipe, you have a boat that does what a good ported superjet motor in an OE hull does? You also get a noise level sure to piss off the entore lake. He didn't even land either roll flat. I'm not knocking the rider, but to say that video shows BIG power isn't really accurate. The only video I've seen that is actually impressive is the newest one showing the boat with the new pipe. Until you make it HUGE, the GP800 motor doesn't have any substantial advantage IMO. Terry's right. The 951 makes BIG power in stock form.

So for all that money in an aftermarket hull, motor conversion, STEEL(not stainless) pipe, you have a boat that does what a good ported superjet motor in an OE hull does? You also get a noise level sure to piss off the entore lake. He didn't even land either roll flat. I'm not knocking the rider, but to say that video shows BIG power isn't really accurate. The only video I've seen that is actually impressive is the newest one showing the boat with the new pipe. Until you make it HUGE, the GP800 motor doesn't have any substantial advantage IMO. Terry's right. The 951 makes BIG power in stock form.

And that is why everyone is doing it.

Its cheap, better than the 66e conversion, and more readily available.

Hell, at the last ride I was at I saw 6 951 conversions and 0 66e conversions. Or wait, was that the other way around?

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
And that is why everyone is doing it.

Its cheap, better than the 66e conversion, and more readily available.

Hell, at the last ride I was at I saw 6 951 conversions and 0 66e conversions. Or wait, was that the other way around?

Doo has a point. The reason you don't see a bunch of 951 conversions is because they only convert into an SXR hull, NOT A SJ. So, with a lightweight Trinity SXR Hull, this would be a BADASS setup for a HELL of a lot cheaper than a 66e conversion.

Just because everyone isn't doing it yet and it is a new idea, doesn't make it inferior. I still see people running dual 500 gph bilge pumps with a switch when I KNOW it is inferior to my setup...

Last edited:

crammit442

makin' legs
Doo has a point. The reason you don't see a bunch of 951 conversions is because they only convert into an SXR hull, NOT A SJ. So, with a lightweight Trinity SXR Hull, this would be a BADASS setup for a HELL of a lot cheaper than a 66e conversion.

Just because everyone isn't doing it yet and it is a new idea, doesn't make it inferior. I still see people running dual 500 gph bilge pumps with a switch when I KNOW it is inferior to my setup...

Puchalski is running a 951 in his squarenose SJ. http://pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=189607

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

Now open for discussion ,Jett feel free to transfer any of the posts off of the other thread here if you wish,thanks.I have several of these in for repair ,I will be doing some retrofitting to see if one of these will fit anything I own here.I have already tried to fit one in my x2 but I will give it another look also.

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

I can see this happening ,I need just a little more room

Attachments

• X2 020.jpg
    X2 020.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 135
  • X2 021.jpg
    X2 021.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 163

WFO Speedracer

whats a Superjet? I am about to drop it in an HX,possibly in a thunderjet,no Superjets anywhere in sight here sorry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom