66e vs 951

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
And that is why everyone is doing it.

Its cheap, better than the 66e conversion, and more readily available.

Hell, at the last ride I was at I saw 6 951 conversions and 0 66e conversions. Or wait, was that the other way around?

So what you are saying is you are waiting on someone else to do it ,then you can all sit back and ooooooohhhh and ahhhhhhhhh and say how cool it is .Play follow the leader if you wish I would much rather be the sheepherder than one of the sheep.:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Scorn800

Ride for life
Peak Powersports has already put a 951 in sxr & rn sj.
These kawi-doo are all the rage now.
I seen a few and there fast!

WFO Speedracer

Wdk exhaust ,WDK intake ,WDK vertical installation kit,then you have the price on the 66E itself and the gas rave valves setup,looks like a pricey way to go to me.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
how is the 951 cheaper than the 66e? is that based on the WDK exhaust?

You buy the motor, you can use the stock pipe or pick of a coffmans or Rossier pipe used. Plus the labor to install it, modify the couplers. Nothing really has to be made like the 66e where you have to have Jeff's Manifold and pipe. Granted, if you can make your own manfold like you did that is a different story.

as much as I hate to say it, the 951 just plain has more guts in stock form than the 800 does. But, I would not use it for freestyle or freeride either.

WFO Speedracer

You buy the motor, you can use the stock pipe or pick of a coffmans or Rossier pipe used. Plus the labor to install it, modify the couplers. Nothing really has to be made like the 66e where you have to have Jeff's Manifold and pipe. Granted, if you can make your own manfold like you did that is a different story.

as much as I hate to say it, the 951 just plain has more guts in stock form than the 800 does. But, I would not use it for freestyle or freeride either.

If I had another X2 to cut up I would install one just for the halibut,I am not cutting this one up ,it took too much work to get it to the stage its at now.That does not mean that a 951 will not find its way into something else here ,as I have a 951 with all the goodies available.
:thewave:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Ok so what has made you decide you would not want a 951 motor? I dont know anything about them and am wondering.

I have never cared for Seadoo's, it may be the next best thing to sliced bread as far as freestyle motors go, I just done care for one..... Slide one in my SXR and that may be a different story......

Honestly, I am not into doing conversions, dont have the time, money or desire.

Last edited:
So what you are saying is you are waiting on someone else to do it ,then you can all sit back and ooooooohhhh and ahhhhhhhhh and say how cool it is .Play follow the leader if you wish I would much rather be the sheepherder than one of the sheep.:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Clearly you never took any economics courses.

WFO Speedracer

Simple rule, if others are doing it, there is probably a pretty good reason for it.

Oh yes thats very clear, WDK is making a fortune off of you peeps,money is the reason he is doing it.Everybody is not running Polaris sled motors in their freestyle boats either ,but some people are,are these people crazy for not following everyone elses lead,no I don't think so they found a combo that works for them and thats what they went with,everyone else be damned ,either lead ,follow or get the hell out of the way!

Top Bottom