701 conversion bed-plates to Kawi.

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
I am in there in spirit too... One of these years I will go, I just can't afford it yet. And I am not going back in debt ever again over Jet Skis! Cash only from now on.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Talked to Will Ray, everything seems to be working out great with the plates, as the weekend progresses we will see more pounding of the hull since his new motor will be broken in, but the early word is good!!

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Introductory pricing, $235 shipped usa, plain steel bare and blasted, ready for coatings, made per order. I may make some and do ebay at some point as a buy it now. (waiting for pics from Willray.

Last edited:

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Introductory pricing, $210 shipped usa, plain steel bare and blasted, ready for coatings, made per order. I may make some and do ebay at some point as a buy it now. (waiting for pics from Willray.

Does that mean they are built the same as stock Kawi plates (once they are coated of course).

Heres the deal. Plates seem to be holding up great. I'm planning to have mine powdercoated here locally after I get them back from the Crabster. I'll have them back out very soon and should have some better pics of the plates themselves. I had such little time to get it all working that the few pics I took were on my crappy cell phone camera, and were of the engine installed and not the plates by themselves. You get the idea. Plate uses X2 motor mounts, and stock Yamaha wing mounting locations. I've burnt about 3 tanks of gas through it and I can't see any problems what so ever. Everything is still good and tight. Here are the pics I have for now.

Attachments

• 01-11-09_2350.jpg
    01-11-09_2350.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 264
  • 01-12-09_0242.jpg
    01-12-09_0242.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 197
  • 01-12-09_0243.jpg
    01-12-09_0243.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 157

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Does that mean they are built the same as stock Kawi plates (once they are coated of course).
No Mike, wings similar to what yamaha does only out of steel. I did the one for Will out of 3/16 x 2" flat stock, but will probably switch to 1/4" for a little added strength (although perhaps not needed) for those who run a little hotter setup. Anyone ever seen a stock bedplate rusted out to the point its unusable???:trink26:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
First preorder bedplates go to:

1 superx2
2 COwakerider (with option for another)

Last edited:

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
No Mike, wings similar to what yamaha does only out of steel. I did the one for Will out of 3/16 x 2" flat stock, but will probably switch to 1/4" for a little added strength (although perhaps not needed) for those who run a little hotter setup. Anyone ever seen a stock bedplate rusted out to the point its unusable???:trink26:

What I ment by how it is bilt was more of a corrosion based question. The stock plate is steel covered in a powercoat or something like that. By made the same I mean is this the same material as the kawi plates and will hold up just as well (or better or worse) than that material in the salt (After they are covered, and if the covering avail is better than what Kawi offers).

I don't know much about different kinds of steel and coatings when it comes to holding up. I know the Kawi plates can last a long time. I wont be buying one soon as I'd have to get a motor too, but curious as to how they will last. Also, how much does coating run?

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
What I ment by how it is bilt was more of a corrosion based question. The stock plate is steel covered in a powercoat or something like that. By made the same I mean is this the same material as the kawi plates and will hold up just as well (or better or worse) than that material in the salt (After they are covered, and if the covering avail is better than what Kawi offers).

I don't know much about different kinds of steel and coatings when it comes to holding up. I know the Kawi plates can last a long time. I wont be buying one soon as I'd have to get a motor too, but curious as to how they will last. Also, how much does coating run?
The secret to coatings, paint or other is to prepare the steel properly by blasting. Then use the correct primer and topcoat, even powdercoat will do better with the proper primer. I wouldn't hesitate using rustoleum after using their bare metal primer, just fixed up my 250 gallon propane tank with it. Another option is galvanizing, but probably overkill. Either way, they will be clean and almost look like they have some kind of coating on them, but its just from being blasted. (;perhaps I should prime them?)

Hey addict... is that just a sj mod chamber?? you think there is room for my blaster limited chamber or should I be looking for someone to swap with???

Yeah guys that is a SJ Mod chamber. The blaster limited will NOT fit, tried it. I did however get the TNT chamber to fit. It was dented on one side to fit into a superjet, and it fit perfectly into the X2. However the centerbleed design made for a pain in the ass trying to fit any type of fuel tank in. Ended up cutting up a 2 gallon gas can and modding a kawi fuel pickup to work in it, haha.
I couldn't find a SJ chamber ANYWHERE when I needed it, and couldn't hardly sell my blaster chamber. Ended up buying a brand new SJ mod chamber from Wammer.

They are so nice.. sucks when your throwing it in for the first time and put the first big scratch in it.. lol

Yeah, and when your mad as hell that your having to pull it back apart for something retarded and you cram it into everything possible trying to get it done in a hurry. The backside of my new pipe looks like HELL. haha.

Top Bottom