701 conversion bed-plates to Kawi.

Yeah, and when your mad as hell that your having to pull it back apart for something retarded and you cram it into everything possible trying to get it done in a hurry. The backside of my new pipe looks like HELL. haha.

YEP!!! If it don't get you on install, that first beach teardown always does the job!!

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Yeah guys that is a SJ Mod chamber. The blaster limited will NOT fit, tried it. I did however get the TNT chamber to fit. It was dented on one side to fit into a superjet, and it fit perfectly into the X2. However the centerbleed design made for a pain in the ass trying to fit any type of fuel tank in. Ended up cutting up a 2 gallon gas can and modding a kawi fuel pickup to work in it, haha.
I couldn't find a SJ chamber ANYWHERE when I needed it, and couldn't hardly sell my blaster chamber. Ended up buying a brand new SJ mod chamber from Wammer.
He is right on the Blaster limited, its about 2 inches two short, since the hull tapers in right there. Not sure why it works with the Kawi stuff....go figure. Type 4 drypipe or Wetjet pipe will work if I want to cut into the footwell area....still debating on that one.:poke:

701 sits further forward in my hull. X2 fuel tank is T I G H T already, I'll be running a small 2-3 gallon kart tank this season. Also, my mod chamber only has a few inches to make the 90 degree bend needed to catch the water box. My waterbox has the mounts all cut off, and is resting on turf so I can roll the top input tube as far forward as possible. Just keep this in mind if going with the limited, it's the reason I bought a mod. I don't know from experience, but I doubt your going to see THAT much difference from limited to mod. Maybe going from SJ mod to blaster limited or something.. Again just opinions, I really don't know. When putting together a puzzle like a 701 X2, the more room the better.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
701 sits further forward in my hull. X2 fuel tank is T I G H T already, I'll be running a small 2-3 gallon kart tank this season. Also, my mod chamber only has a few inches to make the 90 degree bend needed to catch the water box. My waterbox has the mounts all cut off, and is resting on turf so I can roll the top input tube as far forward as possible. Just keep this in mind if going with the limited, it's the reason I bought a mod. I don't know from experience, but I doubt your going to see THAT much difference from limited to mod. Maybe going from SJ mod to blaster limited or something.. Again just opinions, I really don't know. When putting together a puzzle like a 701 X2, the more room the better.
I use my shoehorn all the time when working on it...

Shoehorn and Mod pieces :cool2:

Thats trick!! I want! I want!
I actually have the first setup that hasn't fallen off the exhaust yet. I used the big thick hose from my SJ stock pipe to waterbox, and cut the 90 out of it. It fits on the end of the b-pipe with some force. It's too big for the waterbox, so I just used a piece of stock x2 hose as an adapter and fitted it over the waterbox inlet. The SJ hose slides tightly over the top of the X2 hose, two clamps, bulletproof!!
I can't even count the times my pipe came off last year.. Almost all of them right there in that bend. Hell I sank it a couple times due to it coming off to out and getting bashed the whole way in.

I don't have a picture right now with the SJ tank in place but the X-Metal water box fits further up in the nose and ultimately allows the tank to sit further up in the nose.
This picture is with the 701 in place, B1 mod chamber & X-Metal box.....same setup I ran with the 750. You can simply plug the rear exhaust outlet if you wanted run front exhaust only.

X2018.jpg

oh you will know. but I am going to try that on my other hull. I told you I was in for yours so I am not going to back out on that. I still haven't sent the mo for the tubbies either. I was kinda holding off hoping to do that in one shot, but your probably still a week or two out on the plates so I'll mail it out tomorrow.

Top Bottom