927cc 66v/e motor build

RiverRat

billit intake............very impressive. The transition from mounting plate to intake is practically seemless :bananapowerslide: Nice work!!

Attachments

• IMG_1842.jpg
    IMG_1842.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1843.jpg
    IMG_1843.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1844.jpg
    IMG_1844.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1871.jpg
    IMG_1871.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
absolutely beautiful. i am in awwwwwe.

i plan on spending a small fortune with WDK soon. i really need to call Mr. Curry and have a talk soon.

regardless of a few bad comments/customer service issues i read about, the quality just cannot be beat or overlooked. not enough to scare me away.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
It's cool to see oring grooves in the manifold. I wish every single aftermarket piece used o-rings.

i agree.

i have limited experience with them but so far, so great... i have a local store that sells boxes upon boxes of oring material.

just use superglue to make it as one for a circle/dome/head (thanks rickstar for that trick).

RiverRat

It's cool to see oring grooves in the manifold. I wish every single aftermarket piece used o-rings.

That is yet anouther good thing about the 66e. It is pretty much all O-rings. The reed cages have o-rings, so does the flywheel cover and now the head. From a gear head stand point it is priceless if you take thing apart frequently. Not saying that I take things apart just fro the hell of it.............but if I did :ugh: its a plus :shhh:

I am running a different set of reed stuffers in this set up as well. Needs a little modifications but I think they will work out well.

Attachments

• IMG_1863.jpg
    IMG_1863.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1865.jpg
    IMG_1865.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1861.jpg
    IMG_1861.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1868.jpg
    IMG_1868.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 87

RiverRat

thats soooooo nice. i want one.. if you dont mind me askin how much are you estimating to complete the build in total cost?

MSD TL, cases, crank, reeds and misc parts..............$800 (used)
BigBore cylinders.................................................. $700 ish
Pistons................................................................$300
Girdled head.........................................................$450
Intake manifold.....................................................$300
Riva gas operated PV's...........................................$320-520 range
Total.................................................................$2550-3000

* Pretty much building this entire motor for the price of a BigBore 62t. And between 1/3 and 1/2 the price of a stroker lamey.

Last edited:

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member

Total.................................................................$2550

* Pretty much building this entire motor for the price of a BigBore 62t. And between 1/3 and 1/2 the price of a stroker lamey.

good deal on line 1. Nice total price too.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
I bought and entire motor on ebay with twin factory pipe dry pipes. Parted everything I did not need out and ended up with about 800 out of pocket for the MSD, crank, cases and misc parts.

good deal. I bought a running xlt800 for 1k. I should start parting it to get down in your price range. looks great so far!

I sold the 66e cylinders that came off the motor I bought and purchased this set of 66v cylinders from Jeff. He sent them out to be bored and replated.

i think my old 800 motor is floating around somewhere it had dry pipes and 50mm carbs on it.... i sold it to someone and they were supposed to use the motor in a first gen x-jet. i

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Riva gas operated PV's...........................................$320-520 range
Total.................................................................$2550-3000

Smokin' deal. Plus you are making WAY more power for half the cost of a Lamey Stroker!!! Very impressed.

ive done alot to my ski already but how much of a diff will a motor like that make? i dont even know what it would be like.. all i know is going from my 550 to my 701 was like HOLY EFFING CRAP power diff.. would it be like that from 701 to 927?

RiverRat

ive done alot to my ski already but how much of a diff will a motor like that make? i dont even know what it would be like.. all i know is going from my 550 to my 701 was like HOLY EFFING CRAP power diff.. would it be like that from 701 to 927?

The 66e has a stroke of 78mm. That is the equivilent of a 10mm stroker crank in a 62t motor. That translates into better torque which is great for freestyle. The torque is what really is going to yank you and should be the big difference between the two powerpalnts. I went from a 701 to a 780cc standard stroke lamey cylinder and was blow away by the difference in just a cylinder swap. I am quite anxious to run this motor and feel the difference. Just doing the math I know this package will throw down some impressive numbers. And it is doing it in almost stock form which is a big deal with me now a days. I don't want a exotic package

Top Bottom