927cc 66v/e motor build

does anyone know how the WDK exhaust compares to the stock 66e exhaust ?
the stocker weighs a ton. according to harry at groupk the exhaust actually absorbs alot of the vibration that the 66e produces. how bout power wise? is this a bottom end/freestyle pipe or does it really depend on each individual set up? any ideas

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
There has been a lot already said about this subject. But yes it is a good bottom end pipe. Is it the prefect one for a stand up, who knows, no one else has made one to compare too. I have two skis set up with his pipe and they both really run well with this pipe. Jeff at WDK is the only one that I know of that has spent the time and money and worked real hard to come up with an alternative motor set up for a SuperJet. In my eye he is due some credit for this. The 66e motor kicks some major sss in a stand up ski. There is no way you could get a stock muffler set up in stand up ski, so there is really no way to compare the two. The OEM pipe works well in a sit down ski, but won't work in stand up. I know they seem expensive to buy but compare them to a new B pipe. A little bit more money and you have one. I would recommend buying one. Make sure he has then in stock and can ship once he gets paid. That is the key.

Top end, I have not gotten there yet. The ski just keeps going faster and faster, then I either loose control or chicken out and let up. Once you hit 50, to me that is fast as I want to go. My ski gets to squirly to find out. I think to much water is being forced through the pump at high speeds and back end moves around and then you are swining for your ski. It happens pretty quick. But you have all the speed you will ever need.
Dale

Last edited:

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Top end, I have not gotten there yet. The ski just keeps going faster and faster, then I either loose control or chicken out and let up. Once you hit 50, to me that is fast as I want to go. My ski gets to squirly to find out. I think to much water is being forced through the pump at high speeds and back end moves around and then you are swining for your ski. It happens pretty quick. But you have all the speed you will ever need.
Dale

That sounds exactly like 'coming around'. The extra weight forward probably contributes to this. If you could trim it up a little it might help for top end but that's not what you're after...

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
That sounds exactly like 'coming around'. The extra weight forward probably contributes to this. If you could trim it up a little it might help for top end but that's not what you're after...

Pretty much. It is hard to explain but it gets real unstable in a hurry the faster your go. But for low end and jumping the ski out of the water it works well for that. I just wish pumps and props were not so expensive so I could try them all to find the one that works the best.
Dale

RiverRat

does anyone know how the WDK exhaust compares to the stock 66e exhaust ?
the stocker weighs a ton. according to harry at groupk the exhaust actually absorbs alot of the vibration that the 66e produces. how bout power wise? is this a bottom end/freestyle pipe or does it really depend on each individual set up? any ideas

The exhaust itself is pretty light. The bulk of the weight is the exhaust manifold, which is not that heavy. The rest is the expansion chamber which is suported by lord mounts to the hull where the OEM waterbox usually resides. I did not notice any vibration out of the ordinary when we ran the WDK 1200 motor. It was achually very smooth. I would wager to say that it was smoother than any 62t motor I have run.

Last edited:
Top Bottom