927cc 66v/e motor build

Big Kahuna

Administrator
MSD TL, cases, crank, reeds and misc parts..............$800 (used)
BigBore cylinders.................................................. $700 ish
Pistons................................................................$300
Girdled head.........................................................$450
Intake manifold.....................................................$300
Riva gas operated PV's...........................................$320-520 range
Total.................................................................$2550-3000

* Pretty much building this entire motor for the price of a BigBore 62t. And between 1/3 and 1/2 the price of a stroker lamey.

Was the Exhaust free???

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
ok, I thought they were asking for total build..................

now get back to work on it!!!!!!!!!!

How the baby Elephant doing, need new pics!

That's old news, they have a new baby ocelot to take care of.

071129094756.jpg

RiverRat

ok, I thought they were asking for total build..................

now get back to work on it!!!!!!!!!!

How the baby Elephant doing, need new pics!

Here ya go......and some baby siamang pics

Attachments

• elephant-may-04.jpg
    elephant-may-04.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 27
  • siamang-babies-1.jpg
    siamang-babies-1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 25
  • SiamangBaby-05.jpg
    SiamangBaby-05.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
keep with the awesome updates.. making for a nice walk through when we all get the funds for the 66e project

RiverRat

I have not been working on the build lately. Home rennovations and cold weather kind of curbed the project. I did however paint my carbs and cylinders. I plan on polishing all the stainless hardware and that should really look nice on the motor. Cost wise I did good on the motor but I just got a quote from skat-trak on my new pump...........looking at about 2k for the set back pump and drive shaft :chairshot: :doh: I am half temped to just ride s limited SJ. This stuff is getting high dollar.

Oh..........did I mention that all this stuff will be going in a brand spankin new custom painted, Waterdawg ENVY Hull !!!!!! You guys will see the ENVY at Daytona..............ski is pimp!!

Attachments

• IMG_1884.jpg
    IMG_1884.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1886.jpg
    IMG_1886.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1887.jpg
    IMG_1887.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I have not been working on the build lately. Home rennovations and cold weather kind of curbed the project. I did however paint my carbs and cylinders. I plan on polishing all the stainless hardware and that should really look nice on the motor. Cost wise I did good on the motor but I just got a quote from skat-trak on my new pump...........looking at about 2k for the set back pump and drive shaft :chairshot: :doh: I am half temped to just ride s limited SJ. This stuff is getting high dollar.

Oh..........did I mention that all this stuff will be going in a brand spankin new custom painted, Waterdawg ENVY Hull !!!!!! You guys will see the ENVY at Daytona..............ski is pimp!!

:bigeyes: Looks great!

What are you doing with the X-Jet hull? Anyone have pictures of the new Envy hull?

RiverRat

:bigeyes: Looks great!

What are you doing with the X-Jet hull? Anyone have pictures of the new Envy hull?

There were some things done and/or not done when the X-jet was built so Jeff is swapping out the x-jet for a ENVY. We discussed it when I first got the boat but he was swamped and could not take care of the issues at the time. The only thing I am paying for is the custom kandy paint on the topdeck.

To my knowledge no one has pics of the ENVY b/c Jeff has not released it yet. I have seen some spy shots it and it is the sh**, but you guys will have to wait until Daytona. :headbang:

Last edited:
There were some things done and/or not done when the X-jet was built so Jeff is swapping out the x-jet for a ENVY. We discussed it when I first got the boat but he was swamped and could not take care of the issues at the time. The only thing I am paying for is the custom kandy paint on the topdeck.

To my knowledge no one has pics of the ENVY b/c Jeff has not released it yet. I have seen some spy shots it and it is the sh**, but you guys will have to wait until Daytona. :headbang:

Damn that is awesome. Jeff really take's care of his loyal cutsomers like you. Can't wait to see what the Envy looks like. What's the bottom deck going to be based off of?

RiverRat

Damn that is awesome. Jeff really take's care of his loyal cutsomers like you. Can't wait to see what the Envy looks like. What's the bottom deck going to be based off of?

I did not have any failures or anything like that. It just was not done to spec so to speak. But Jeff achually does have a good track record with parts under warrenty and he stands behind his work.

As far as the new hull I am not at liberty to say anything until Daytona and the cat is out of the bag

I did not have any failures or anything like that. It just was not done to spec so to speak. But Jeff achually does have a good track record with parts under warrenty and he stands behind his work.

As far as the new hull I am not at liberty to say anything until Daytona and the cat is out of the bag

Right on. I wasn't taking a stab at Jeff at all. I was giving him a compliment. It's really good to take care of your loyal customers like that.

Heck I think he takes care of everyone better than most companies do. I just think by him giving you an ENVY hull for free is definitely going above and beyond which is awesome!

RiverRat

Right on. I wasn't taking a stab at Jeff at all. I was giving him a compliment. It's really good to take care of your loyal customers like that.

Heck I think he takes care of everyone better than most companies do. I just think by him giving you an ENVY hull for free is definitely going above and beyond which is awesome!

It is a replacement, the x-jet goes back to Jeff

RiverRat

No I know that. I'm sure the Envy is going to be a good bit more than an Xjet though.

Well, my x-jet was 1/2 prepreg so the bill almost doubled. The ENVY will be the same, wet laid bottom deck (gel coat black) and prepreg top deck and hood. I think I am having a nice silver pearl base and then go over it with a burgandy kandy. But I tell you what that single stage paint he used on the x-jet is some really nice durable stuff.

Top Bottom