951 Swap X2

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I feel your pain , I am sorting out a 787 RFI out of a 3D that I put into a 2000 GTX RFI , the flywheels are different and the timing is off enough where it just tries to pop , thankfully it didn't backfire.

Those flywheel cups are tricky , always mark the position with a sharpie , two punch marks or a scribed line before separating the cup from the flywheel.

Loving this little Noco lithium battery. We weighed the original battery it came in at 16.2 lbs. The Noco is 2.58 lbs!

Attachments

• IMG_5334.jpeg
    IMG_5334.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5333.jpeg
    IMG_5333.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5332.jpeg
    IMG_5332.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 30
I'm wondering why a 951 would be more sensitive to water ingestion than say a dasa 970 (similar bore and stroke), and I'm also surprised that designing an airbox is so hard. But, I've never tried, so maybe it really is that hard.

Open pod filters mounted in that position do seem pretty sketch in an x2.

This is one of those deals where once in a while somebody comes along and does something out of the ordinary that is really awesome, but usually they just go nowhere.

I hope this ends up awesome.

I love x2's and have daydreamed about all kinds of oddball motor swaps but I'm convinced a really good kawi twin can be more than enough.
Man this is definitely one of those rare builds that comes asking if once in a while where somebody does something really unusual and impressive. Very nice work.

Man this is definitely one of those rare builds that comes asking if once in a while where somebody does something really unusual and impressive. Very nice work.
Thankyou very much! We took a break for a week after hammering down on this thing for the last 5 months straight. My dad was messing around with the primer and ended up with to much fuel in the carbs and baboooooom. Backfire took out the waterbox for the 2nd time. So we’re gonna tear it all back apart and reengineer a new design. Stay tuned!

Thankyou very much! We took a break for a week after hammering down on this thing for the last 5 months straight. My dad was messing around with the primer and ended up with to much fuel in the carbs and baboooooom. Backfire took out the waterbox for the 2nd time. So we’re gonna tear it all back apart and reengineer a new design. Stay tuned!
Might be able to have someone weld you a custom one. Raddudes does good work.

Top Bottom