Freestyle Affordable Power......... It's COMING

Destructive testing is definitely nothing new and is the easiest way to find weaknesses in the product... there are plenty of videos of smaller MTB companies destructive testing $5000 CF bike frames on Pinkbike, I don't see why this would be any different.

Personally, any builder that did this and was willing to show the results publicly would score big points in my book. It would show they are actually engineering their products properly and doing their due diligence instead of using the consumer as their R&D testbed.

Last edited:
Not sure if there is a need.. But, perhaps a Kickstarter campaign is in order? There are many people anxious to give you their money.. Maybe the kickstarter campaign will enable you to do more testing, etc, and thus better the end product? Which it sounds like you're already working towards without any snags.. But, I figured I would suggest it.. Kickstarter is awesome for niche companies trying to produce something of greatness!!

I don't know if destructive testing is necessary, but then again it would be nice to see how and where the wick can be turned up for these motors. Maybe they like high compression maybe they don't, add timing or take it away. I am sure they are testing these scenarios but I don't see any logic in trying to run compression is excess of 200+ on some cheapo regular grade fuel just to watch it fail.
But I would like to know what kind of timing they are testing and if they are monkeying with compression (and running proper octane where applicable)

The guy Erik is using to produce his cylinder has been in the field for decades. He produces cylinders for different applications that take way more abuse and turn way more RPMs than a ski. I can understand the suggestion, everyone has one, but this cylinder should be every bit as reliable as any OEM cylinder ever produced. Plus, it address the one glaring weakness to the 701 based cylinders - intake flange thinness.

SM

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I for one do not doubt these motors. I just could not believe all the "Are you freaking serious" comments about testing to see just how far you can go. These are not OEM replacement cylinders, What the OEM's intend and what we put them through are entirely two different things.

I like the idea, not saying they need to "clamp the waterlines off and see just how long they last until they stick".

I'm sure that when the motors are out that pics will show up and there is nothing I can do about that, but for now I'm going to hold off. What I want to pass on is: the motor is so strong out of the box, you will like its power and you will love the price to get that power.

JGringo

When in doubt, Throttle-out.
Are you sticking with the 'black market' sale of this engine? A.K.A. sticking to word of mouth sales and phone call sales, or are you thinking of taking it publicly with a live website and ads in say Pro-Rider Magazine and such...?

-Gringo

Starting off this and a couple of other forums. The website is under way and will be up soon. I believe word of mouth and trying one will be the best selling point for now.

Last edited:

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
I think your doing the right thing. It's a niche market and your talking to the right people to sell it into. Destructive testing no need. Building a really strong engine to make sure it can handle the load. Yes but your doing that already. I wonder if Yamaha did destructive testing on the 701 as surely they would have found the weakness in the 61x cylinder. Any way back to what is an exciting development in the 62t based engines.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
ok, I never got an answer about the free motors for the free Advertising??????????????????????? ;)

Disclaimer: I am just kidding.......... dont want people getting feathers ruffled!!!!!!!!

So, yeah..........

This is amazing what you guys are doing!!! I've been waiting and am sure others as well for someone to do something like this and many props to you guys for doing it.

Any chance that the price for top end is going to stay the same and not go up to 3 grand once its become a popular choice? This engine is a game changer for sure...

One of the best things about this motor we have found so far in testing is that you dont have to the push the compression into crazy numbers to get the motor to respond well and make great power.The 10 mill is great on 30 deg timing and sub 200 psi comp. The SS is doing great on a enhancer and 175 pounds compression. Our goal has always been to make a motor that is very affordable with long term reliability. So all of our testing is revolving around that. If someone chooses to push the timing and compression to the max to push the envelope of whats possible with it,then thats their choice to do.We will deliver what the majority of people want...a powerful and reliable setup that runs long durations between needing maintenance, is very affordable and quick to rebuild,with parts "IN" stock and ready to ship all the time to get you back in the water fast! Nikasil will be fast and efficient process as well and ultimately save alot of guys money on buying sleeves

Last edited:
Top Bottom