Freestyle Affordable Power......... It's COMING

U know I would like to see you guys blow 1 up. 210 plus psi compression cheap 87 octain gas and run it till it just won't start no more. Then post pics of the cylinders, head, pistons, crank, cases everything. And list associated cost to fix and or replace parts. I would really like to see the amount of abuse this top end can take
Only large OEM's with multi-millions behind them would do that. No-one has ever asked DASA or X-Scream to do it.

just to see. i know two dasa's run at 240 comp until they went. one had over 500 gallons through it. but both took out the intake manifold on top of the motor being a total loss.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
It is a very interesting question. Back in 1996/1997, I think it was Splash Magazine, They had Protec build them a Limited Superjet. Pipe, Head, Carbs, Modified CDI, etc etc...... Only thing was it came with around 205-210 psi compression. They ran this ski for years like this with no issues. A few years later they had another built but kept the Compression lower. Oh, the thing is, they ran pump gas on the first ski with higher compression. If anybody has ever raced Limited ski's knows that they are ridden WOT most of the time on the courses.........

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Sorry didn't mean to derail. Just as a consumer I would like to see how tough an all aluminum cylinder is.

Aftermarket cast cylinders aren't new. Protec cylinders were cast and had auxiliary exhaust ports, Lamey/Dasa 7 port cylinders were cast and sold with and without powervalves. All OEM cylinders are cast. Cast cylinders are nothing new and have been tested for years. 61x cylinders have a thin base flange on the intake side which caused cracking under high compression situations with advanced timing. Girdled heads were designed to help that. Erik is very knowledgable and his product doesn't need to be blown up from ignorance to prove anything

U know I would like to see you guys blow 1 up. 210 plus psi compression cheap 87 octain gas and run it till it just won't start no more. Then post pics of the cylinders, head, pistons, crank, cases everything. And list associated cost to fix and or replace parts. I would really like to see the amount of abuse this top end can take

Lol, how bout you purchase one and try for yourself. Nikasil cylinders rock! They can take way more abuse than cast iron any day. No rusting and great expansion rates with better heat dissapation are huge pluses also. Back in the day I would push the tuning on our pro 785 to the limits and the bore looked like new after a full race season of pushing around a 450lb plus hull at 8000 - 8100 RPM.

JAM

Looks like Joe beat me to it lol

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp

That is ridiculous, absolutely rediculous and proves NOTHING other than ruining sh it.

You think there is OE money in selling 50-200 units a year?

The nerve of some people's kids.

Buy one, and you do it. I'll wait for the pictures.

Last edited:

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
There is nothing ignorant in taking a product and testing it to its limits. It is called R&D Testing.

210+ psi compression with 87 octane is PURE IGNORANCE! I can understand if his question was how high of compression can be run with race gas before something fails but even that test is somewhat useless R&D since I'm pretty certain the cylinder is not the part that would fail. The base flange of this cylinder is stupid thick and the nikasil plating will reduce the stress on the cylinder by reducing friction. You would likely see a crank, piston, or cases fail before this cylinder... Possibly the head but I still have my doubts. I'd like to know that this cylinder could safely run 225psi or more but the lifespan of your crank would be decreased severely so is it really worth it? Depends on your budget...

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator

Yeah, I am serious.

It is actually something that all these new Hull Builders need to do instead of design, built and sell, then find out what fails at the expense of their buyers.

Heck, There is a flooring MFG we deal with that is bringing a new floor to the market, except they have had this new flooring installed at several public locations for the past 5 years to find out how well it will perform. They are getting ready to remove the flooring and cut it up and place on sample boards along with new material to show how well it holds up. One place where it was installed was the EPCOT Center in Disney World.

Easy fellas it was just a suggestion. If the guy wants to do it great if he don't want to oh well. Its just what I personally would like to see that's all.

Yeah, I am serious.

It is actually something that all these new Hull Builders need to do instead of design, built and sell, then find out what fails at the expense of their buyers.

Heck, There is a flooring MFG we deal with that is bringing a new floor to the market, except they have had this new flooring installed at several public locations for the past 5 years to find out how well it will perform. They are getting ready to remove the flooring and cut it up and place on sample boards along with new material to show how well it holds up. One place where it was installed was the EPCOT Center in Disney World.
Some hull builders already do this

Top Bottom