Other Anyone else considering changing jobs in this current economic climate?

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Iol, I am a little more emotional than normal. To be expected at this point. Everybody is exhausted.

I was texting my new boss for the last couple days trying to find out if I had completed verification so I could give notice before I left tonight. I even had the letter in my hand when he confronted me on my way out the door. How sweet would it have been to have handed him the letter at that exact moment, lol.

Wow, they really treat employees like garbage.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
He's only been with us for a month or so and has not done a single thing. He goes from one person to another being told what to do from one person and then goes in the hunt for someone else to actually do the work. He useless and about to get a rude awakening.

The last supervisor was one of the smartest and hardest working bosses I have ever had the pleasure of working for so he left some pretty big shoes to fill. In fact, I needed his expertise last night and he went out of his way to get me the info I needed even though he quit a few months back.

Monday is gonna be sweet!

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Screw monday, Go in on sunday and call your boss, tell him you got a problem and he needs to come to the plant. Get him there, come up with some bs that waste 3 hours of his time, then as he is leaving say "Hey, I need to talk to you".

OCD Solutions

Screw monday, Go in on sunday and call your boss, tell him you got a problem and he needs to come to the plant. Get him there, come up with some bs that waste 3 hours of his time, then as he is leaving say "Hey, I need to talk to you".

I like how you think but I'm going to take the high road. Besides, that plan involves me spending more time with him.

OCD Solutions

Put in my notice first thing this morning. They are not very happy and there have been a few closed door meetings about it already.

So far they all respect my decision and are supportive.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Hard to come out with a good counter offer if the reasons for leaving have nothing to do with money in the first place.

OCD Solutions

Offers included;
- company vehicle
- company apartment
- moving assistance

No mention of reduced hours, work from home or less pressure and stress.

The problem is, they are trying to figure out how to get me onsite for 12hrs day and I never want to be onsite ever again.

I politely declined their suggestions and stated that this was not up for negotiation.

OCD Solutions

It felt pretty damn good. Even better was watching them scrambling to find someone who can even do a fraction of what I was doing. I suspect they will be hiring at least 3 people.

I was in a similar situation when I was a machinist. Boss said how much do you want to stay? Hard for them to understand it aint always about $$$. There are things you are just done with and its time to move on. Good for you and I hope it works out for the best for you and your family.

OCD Solutions

I am getting in some interesting conversations at work today. I had mentioned that one of the appeals to the new job was the chance to move to Savannah so they just offered to move us to Savannah, all expenses paid, including real estate losses.

Once again I had to mention that the drive would remain the same, and so would my quality of life.

They have now asked where else I would like to live and that if they couldn't retain me at this facility, they would move the earth to place me at any other GP facility, just to keep me within the company.

Feeling pretty powerful today but in the back of my mind, I know I don't want any of the responsibility that comes with taking any of their offers. If I did, I wouldn't be quitting in the first place.

kraqus

Site Supporter
Why in the Hell do companies WAIT until their best stock leaves to improve their work environment\salary\etc....? :banghead:

4 years ago I almost left my last job but stay because of a 15% salary increase.
That increase came in the form of a counter offer.
Yes my reason for leaving were purely based on Salary at that time...THEN the lay offs came!
I ended up leaving 3 years later because the work load made it impossible to keep working there.
They kept laying people off and piling up the work load on the remaining staff.

Today I am making more money working less......Go figure!

Benny

OCD Solutions

My future here pretty much looks the same. I am very capable whereas most of their staff is not and so more work will continue to fall on me. I'm just not up for it.

My guess is, they are discovering just how many pots I actually had my hands into. I reported to no less than 14 departments including several corporate groups. 80% of my workload was not even process related.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Why in the Hell do companies WAIT until their best stock leaves to improve their work environment\salary\etc....? :banghead:
Benny

This is why corporate profits are at an all time high during a so-called bad economy. CEO salaries are 250 times the average employee (higher than ever) and yet, they aren't hiring anybody. The big wigs love it. People will work ridiculous hours for nothing.

People are working themselves to death.
If the minimum wage went up with an American Worker's productivity since 1965, it would be at $22 an hour. Americans are more productive now, smarter, and work harder than at any time in history.

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
This is why corporate profits are at an all time high during a so-called bad economy. CEO salaries are 250 times the average employee (higher than ever) and yet, they aren't hiring anybody. The big wigs love it. People will work ridiculous hours for nothing.

People are working themselves to death.
If the minimum wage went up with an American Worker's productivity since 1965, it would be at $22 an hour. Americans are more productive now, smarter, and work harder than at any time in history.

"Americans are more productive now, smarter, and work harder than at any time in history."

That last part all depends on what area u live in. There's some real turds in this part of Georgia.

Top Bottom