b piped 760 boston whaler - DONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie, you are doing an amazing job on that thing. :party:

THANKS!

its a ton of work that would be very schittie if i didnt have rick (post 33, pic 3) and tom (post 32, pic 1) around to help and goof on one another. when it gets stressful, we just joke about steve's whaler and its all happy!

next up is shaping (cutting/sanding) the foam to the shape of the deck-to-be, then small pours to fill the low spots, and a little more shaping. after that, the entire deck will be glassed over, then either turfed (i like) or painted with non-skid additive (everybody else seems to like).

its been about 7 weeks since i started this project and about 2 or 3 (i estimate) until im finished (i hope).

Last edited:

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
THANKS!

its a ton of work that would be very schittie if i didnt have rick (post 33, pic 3) and tom (post 32, pic 1) around to help and goof on one another. when it gets stressful, we just joke about steve's whaler and its all happy!

next up is shaping (cutting/sanding) the foam to the shape of the deck-to-be, then small pours to fill the low spots, and a little more shaping. after that, the entire deck will be glassed over, then either turfed (i like) or painted with non-skid additive (everybody else seems to like).

its been about 7 weeks since i started this project and about 2 or 3 (i estimate) until im finished (i hope).

:hitwithrock::twak::sadwavey:
autoterminal.com ...for all of your whaler needs!!!:arms:

pics from todays progress.....

Attachments

• shapedfoam1.jpg
    shapedfoam1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 46
  • shapedfoam2.jpg
    shapedfoam2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 50
  • fillerNfoam1.jpg
    fillerNfoam1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 59
  • fillerNfoam2.jpg
    fillerNfoam2.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 67
the white that youre seeing is polyester fairing filler. its not directly on the foam. after shaping the foam, i layed down some thin mat to 'solidify' the top of the foam. on top of that mat is the fairing filler..... in the pics... its the first application. i will sand the high spots and fill the low spots a couple more times, then lay 2 or 3 layers of 1708 biax for the deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom