Backflipaholics anonymous

You guys are almost convincing me of trying a BF!!! It's summertime here, so the waves are not so great. However, as soon as I have a chance I will try it and post a pic!!

The right wave makes a HUGE difference. Like Matt said. Just wait for it to stand right up and get nice and steep. Better to hit the wave a little late than a little early. Drop your butt back/down, pin the throttle. After you leave the wave extend your legs and pull your arms in to help rotation(see pic of Zach(tighthrash). Don't forget to throw your head back into it.

There are people on this site that have far more backflip experience than me, but this is what I have found to work best for me.

Let us know how you do!!!!
Oh........Don't let go even if you are landing upside down.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Never let go.

I've fallen out of my holds twice, but I never ditched on purpose. One of the two times I came out of the holds, the ski landed on my head/helmet.

stanton

High on jetskis.
i disagree with the never let go theory.
16731_166194269217_128858794217_260.jpg

lol

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
I had one of those a few weeks ago. I was thinking to myself how many completed BF's I've done now. Hit a wave a little late & got ripped right off.

Ski did a perfect flip without me!

Great PIC !

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
Sounds like my flatwater backflip attempt on XScream's orange ski! haha

Pat's Pumpkin is insane, That ski ripped me out of the footholds & did a plate to plate flip before I knew what happen. LOL

My buddy Lucas rode it, same deal. It was so funny, that Ski/1000cc is just insane.

Your Rickter is going to be the same way!!!!!

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
I had one of those a few weeks ago. I was thinking to myself how many completed BF's I've done now. Hit a wave a little late & got ripped right off.

Ski did a perfect flip without me!

Great PIC !
I'm editing vid from that day tonight. Want me to post your "involuntary bail"?
I've got it, but it's kinda far away.

Mike,
That's a great pic! Daytona?

Last edited:

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
I'm editing vid from that day tonight. Want me to post your "involuntary bail"?
I've got it, but it's kinda far away.

Mike,
That's a great pic! Daytona?

Post it, That bail sucked. My shoes had some kinda oil or something that day. I bought some new shoes last week.

2 Bails on the same day, I didn't let go! Damn ski let me go! LOL

maef

Fly
Far easier than a BR. I've only done it a few times, I approach a building wave slowly and look for a vertical face that's about to curl.
Then - put your ass on your heels and pin it.
And that's it.

What should be the body position after you launch? also, do the pole play a part of it? I mean, should I pull the ski towards me? In that case a limiting rope is a must (I don't use one)

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
What should be the body position after you launch? also, do the pole play a part of it? I mean, should I pull the ski towards me? In that case a limiting rope is a must (I don't use one)

I don't run a rope, Just pick the right wave. If you pick a decent wave with a vertical face your going to flip, low in the tray coming up to the wave, Brap (Don't be a puss) Brap, after you leave the wave push your legs out & pull into the bars to speed up the rotation. Look back will help with body position & spot the landing.

Once you land some you will have your own way of doing them.

Thats my .02

NEVER LET GO, Have fun!

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
Josh, After really watching and pausing etc... your ski did a 1-1/2 w/o you on board! I've seen you do the same and stay in the tray.
You're ready for a double. I'll film it.

BTW....you do have good health insurance, don't you?

Good. DOUBLE!

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
BTW....you do have good health insurance, don't you?

Good. DOUBLE![/QUOTE]

Yeah, but a new company is coming tomorrow! If its better I'm going to be working on the BF (underflip) !!!!! Backflip with some twist. I've done it before, just didn't mean to.

I got something new in the works, its going to push me to the next level in the surf! Or send me packing, one or the other.

Top Bottom