Backflipaholics anonymous

Yes, I could see that on Tem's hulls.

When I rode Pat's orange ski at world finals, that thing wanted to almost be in a tail stand no matter how you rode. So nose light!

I hope to meet all you guys in Daytona who I didn't meet at the worlds and get some flip pointers - hope grow a pair and pull my first full clean flip :arms: Never been in the surf.

Trying to come up with a stocker/mild drivetrain to throw in the FS-1 for the weekend. I don't know if XScream will have my 1000 done in time, but I also don't think I want to run that in the surf for the first time riding it!!!! :nutkick:

definatly throw a stocker in there for daytona.......you will not enjoy yourself trying to learn the 1000c that weekend...

plus, I want to ride your boat with a stock motor..and thats enough reason right there :jester:

flipside

Bridges
great thread! haha. the backflips are addicting.. can't go a ride without one.. its just not right. Now for real, its time for the indian airs and superman backflips, just one problem.. where are those damn superman bars? Do i really gotta make my own? It's time to make the backflip even more addictive.

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
15552_1283038512957_1139922434_30902316_8215141_n.jpg

from yesterday. brap.:pancake:

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
definatly throw a stocker in there for daytona.......you will not enjoy yourself trying to learn the 1000c that weekend...

plus, I want to ride your boat with a stock motor..and thats enough reason right there :jester:

ya I do NOT want to be learning the 1000CC in that hull that weekend in the surf! haha

I have something in the works as we speak (mild setup)... 2 more weeks when I get my parts back from ceramic / powdercoating i'll post up some progress :headbang:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Easier than the BR? It's crazy, I feel like the sky is going to fall on my head! What is the correct approach on the wave?

Far easier than a BR. I've only done it a few times, I approach a building wave slowly and look for a vertical face that's about to curl.
Then - put your ass on your heels and pin it.
And that's it.

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
Surf is looking good for use FL North Easters! Sat-Sun so far is calling for 6ft with 10-12 Sec period. Thats a small day for you west coaster, but will have some big air PICS next week!

We only get decent surf 5 times per yr! LOL

Not every day!

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
What is your typical surf size?
At what size do you consider it to be unusual?

We get decent surf here , just not like you guys. The normal is 2-3ft, nice surf is 4-6. Normally when we get decent surf it's short period or chop.

It's nice to have 4-6ft with 10+ sec!

We just run bigger motors to make up for the small surf! Lol

Far easier than a BR. I've only done it a few times, I approach a building wave slowly and look for a vertical face that's about to curl.
Then - put your ass on your heels and pin it.
And that's it.

Way easier than a BR. Just takes more balls in my opinion. I always have butterflys until I attempt my first one of the day. We don't get real steep waves on Lake Michigan so flip days are limited for me. I can't wait to go back to the west coast!!!

maef

Fly
Way easier than a BR. Just takes more balls in my opinion. I always have butterflys until I attempt my first one of the day. We don't get real steep waves on Lake Michigan so flip days are limited for me. I can't wait to go back to the west coast!!!

You guys are almost convincing me of trying a BF!!! It's summertime here, so the waves are not so great. However, as soon as I have a chance I will try it and post a pic!!

Top Bottom