Ballistic Batteries Warranty

Tyrant1919

Site Supporter
Been using antigravity for three weeks now. Only 3 rides though, maybe 15 gallons. Same rough dimensions as evo2. I have not even used a charger on it yet. Still floating around 13.1-2v if I remember correctly. Ill order another as a backup and I think I'll be set. I just hate not having a balance port. But if the battery lasts me a season, I'm happy.

chadman154

#Itsonlymoney !!!!!
Been using antigravity for three weeks now. Only 3 rides though, maybe 15 gallons. Same rough dimensions as evo2. I have not even used a charger on it yet. Still floating around 13.1-2v if I remember correctly. Ill order another as a backup and I think I'll be set. I just hate not having a balance port. But if the battery lasts me a season, I'm happy.

Running tl? What cell antigravity?

D-Roc

I forgot!
I have yet to use the balance port on my shoria. I got just over a year of use on it and I am running a TL. These batteries are usually charged by the engine electrics so I don't see a difference with using a 1.5 amp trickle on it.

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
Yeah. RC chargers would work well. Especially ones that let you set the voltage settings and such for custom batteries.
I had a few, but my kid let his buddies use my power supply, chargers, soldering iron station and it's all gone now.... I'm a little pissed over it. That was a good chunk of cash gone. So, I think I'll grab up something that I can set the charge amps and peak voltage cutoff. It's pretty amazing how much things have come down in cost as far as chargers are concerned. Batteries are still kinda spendy though lolol!!

I've read that the lifepo cells like anything from 2 amps to 8 amps charge rate?? I need to look into that more too. Anybody know what a solid recommended charge rate is for these cells?

Philip Clemmons

Owner, P&P Performance
Guys the Antigravitys are awesome! I am now a dealer for them and have a few weeks and 20+ gallons on mine and love it. It is not even fair to compare the two. I have a few in stock and can get anything you need. These appear to be THE answer.

As far as chargers, go here:http://www.progressiverc.com/chargers/battery-chargers

Great service, price, and the best chargers on the market.

Tyrant, be careful....LIFEPO4 batteries will stay at 13.2 right up until they "fall off a cliff", or deeply discharge. The only way to know the state of charge is to measure mAh when recharging. Ride a tank or two, recharge with a proper charger, divide mah by two, and determine use per ride................This is the same way they are used in RC applications. You cannot use voltage to check them, as they are 13.2 right up until they are dead.

Please let me know if you guys have questions. Not only am I a dealer but I have been using them in RC applications for the past several years........................

I had a few, but my kid let his buddies use my power supply, chargers, soldering iron station and it's all gone now.... I'm a little pissed over it. That was a good chunk of cash gone. So, I think I'll grab up something that I can set the charge amps and peak voltage cutoff. It's pretty amazing how much things have come down in cost as far as chargers are concerned. Batteries are still kinda spendy though lolol!!

I've read that the lifepo cells like anything from 2 amps to 8 amps charge rate?? I need to look into that more too. Anybody know what a solid recommended charge rate is for these cells?

I would say you would be safe at a solid 2 amps.. I browsed this whole thread and can't make heads or tails of what exact cell manufacturer they are using. But if they are not genuine A123 brand LiFePo cells I wouldint use them in a lawn mower. The A123 brand cells have been tried trued and tested for the last 5+ years in dewalt tools and many other tool brands for the last 4 years.. and the RC Comunity has virtually beat the piss out of them by Zap charging them directly across lead acid car batteries. using nothing more than a current shunt to limit the in rush current they can receive. They have been found to be verry close in tolerance cells in capacity and resistance. And that leads to packs that are verry balance insensitive.. meaning for every 10-20 charge cycles for peace of mind throw it on a balance charger. For that less than .10%- 25% variance that you might have in the cells.. just saying

Crab I really don't think that's where they are geting there cells man.. they are probably just crapy Korean cells. I hate to say it but the best LiFePo and LiPo cells come from China..

Philip Clemmons

Owner, P&P Performance

The spec sheet on the cells calls for a max charge of 10 amps and std 1C charge of 2.5 amps. This is per cell. The issue is when you are running 4-5 cells in parallel the amperage must increase with it to achieve the same charge current. 2 amps on a 4P pack is .5 Amps per cell.........................

Both Ballistic and Antigravity have slightly lower suggestions.

Last edited:
I figured I would chime in with my personal experience with Ballistic. I have a small EVO 4 cell that I run in my little ATC 70/125 and after only 10 minutes of use it failed. After several days I still haven't heard back from them. So far I would have to say their quality and customer service is a complete joke. At least its only a small $50 4 cell ballistic and not a $200 12 cell that I was going to run in my ski. Even though its only 50 bucks its still frustrating to get zero response. If they don't want to back up their warranty claims then maybe they should stop talking about how great their warranty is. As business owner it always blows my mind when I deal with other businesses that have zero respect for their customers. Unacceptable.

100_3857.jpg100_3858.jpg

Philip Clemmons

Owner, P&P Performance
Buy Antigravities! They work much better, and cell for cell make more power too. I love mine. I am setup as a dealer if you guys are interested. I've been running one personally in my 1100 for the last month or so with great results!

Just a quick update on my warranty claim. After a week I finally got a response from Ballistic (keep in mind it took an email directly to the CEO to get a response). They sent me a UPS call tag to ship my bad battery to them for inspection. I'm interested to see how quickly the rest of the process goes, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt and hopefully it goes swiftly. I'll post the results once I know more.

chadman154

#Itsonlymoney !!!!!
Just a quick update on my warranty claim. After a week I finally got a response from Ballistic (keep in mind it took an email directly to the CEO to get a response). They sent me a UPS call tag to ship my bad battery to them for inspection. I'm interested to see how quickly the rest of the process goes, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt and hopefully it goes swiftly. I'll post the results once I know more.

I sent pics of batteries and new ones were sent asap

Top Bottom